1965 Dodge Custom 880

At the Lowes? I dont think my local Lowes gets 300 cars on a daily basis.

250-300 is the car count for the car show only. The show is in the back lot of Lowe's. Customers and people visiting the show park in the front lot. $1 courtesy fee (not mandatory) offsets the costs of gift cards given out throughout the night and the DJ. Other speed shops and car parts stores contribute also.

www.lowescruise.com

Holy smokes, I feel lucky to get a cart at the Lowes and yours is giving out gift cards..........Nice....Your spoiled down there

Holy smokes, I feel lucky to get a cart at the Lowes and yours is giving out gift cards..........Nice....Your spoiled down there

I always have a great time at the cruise. Always some new cars and new people there. It just seems to rain on Fridays a lot here recently.

Hemi's were very limited in 1964, a few only made for race cars and not available to the public. The first hemi car available to the public was a 1966 B Body.

I had one.... '66 Belvedere II with no engine or trans, but had the original 3.91 8.75 (auto, 4spds had the Dana) 51,000 miles...

66 Hemi Belvedere.jpg

66 Hemi Belvedere.jpg

Thanks for all the input and comments!! you guys really make me feel welcome. As you can see, it is a great looking car. Original 383. Need trim parts, heater parts, switches, etc. These pictures are fairly recent. Took dash appart to have reupholstered and am replacing as many broke and missing parts as possible. Don't see many Customs around.
View attachment 4145

Nice car. There is a pretty nice '66 Polara 2drht here that I see driving around fairly often. It is maroon with black interior. I also really like the '65-'66 Dodge dash.

All Mopars from the day are beautiful. In fact most Fords and GM cars were to.

There's a lot of GM & Fords I would kill for. But I have to stay in the mopar world because I know how to work on them. Still have more to learn too so I'm not going to start from scratch in learning all about my 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie fastback 4 speed and a 390.

Sent using Forum Runner

There's a lot of GM & Fords I would kill for. But I have to stay in the mopar world because I know how to work on them. Still have more to learn too so I'm not going to start from scratch in learning all about my 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie fastback 4 speed and a 390.

Sent using Forum Runner

Stan, all you truly need to know is that Fords have cooties, so I'd sell whatever non Mopar vehicles that you have, and buy another C-body or a '69 Super Bee, or even a newer Ram. My Aunt traded in her Pacifica last year for a new loaded Laramie 1500 crew cab with a 390 horse Hemi, absolutely loves it, and she just turned 74 a couple weeks ago.

I do realize everyone can't like the same things. My feelings were hurt when you said you didn't like Road Runners, and I'm not striking back, but I draw the line at a fastback anything...:eusa_sick:

If it was a have to situation, I do like the late '60s Ford trucks/pickups or a '67-'68 Cougar

On the GM side, I like the '66-'67 GTO or Lemans.

The thing is... Is that we live in a better world where Mopars exsist, and why drive around in a cheeseburger when you could have a steak.:yes:

Sent using Reply With Quote button

Last edited:
My feelings were hurt when you said you didn't like Road Runners, and...
I would never say such a thing. There are certain RR's I would love to have. Ideally, a bare bones post car 4 speed w/A.C. in black thank you very much.
Post a link to me saying that and I'll buy you that steak dinner!
You have me confused with some other handsome devil who also is mistaken for Brad Pitt often.

PLUS...
you don't know why I want one of these:

Clipboard01.jpg

My three favorite Fords, 67 Galaxie, 64 Galaxie and 70 torino all ragtop big blocks with no air

I would never say such a thing. There are certain RR's I would love to have. Ideally, a bare bones post car 4 speed w/A.C. in black thank you very much.
Post a link to me saying that and I'll buy you that steak dinner!
You have me confused with some other handsome devil who also is mistaken for Brad Pitt often.

PLUS...
you don't know why I want one of these:
:shruggy:

Facts being facts, your dislike to Road Runners was my observation, and not a clear statement from yourself, so I can't earn a steak from you, but I would sit down and buy my own and shoot the ship with you or any of the regulars here, if everyone wasn't so far away.

Without trying to track down the post in question, a couple weeks back someone commented on a search to replace a Coronet R/T that he had sold in the past with possibly a Super Bee... Your statement was something along the line of... I would take a Super Bee any day over a Road Runner.... Not a Charger, or Cuda, or Satellite, and once when talking about your 4 speed New Yorker you said you would something, something unsuspecting Road Runners. I am just hastling you of course, but I was beginning to wonder if a Road Runner pecked you in the eye when you were a kid or something?

Well, I am glad to see that the Ford you were speaking of isn't a textbook fastback, but it still doesn't trip my trigger, though I do like the taillights. I must assume that you have some history with a similar car, and some imprinting has taken affect. I have the same affliction with my '68 300 and my '68-'70 Road Runners and GTXs... and the '57-'61 Mopar finned (Exner) cars make me warm and fuzzy inside.

I have owned a nice '67 F600 and my Dad had a nice '68 F100 Ranger, and like everyone having a belly botton, and a small block Chevy, I have had the misfortune of having a 350. Overall, while being loyal to Chrysler, I respect any older domestic iron.

My '69 Runner that I have had since I was 15 is a post 4spd car, but I don't think any of my '68 -'70 B-bodies had A/C.

Here's what shares my porch with my German Shepard and a 19 year old cat.... It is a 4 spd car also... Air Grabber, 3.54 Dana, 440....

.Copy of 70 Road Runner 7.JPG

Copy of 70 Road Runner 7.JPG

Last edited:
:shruggy:

Facts being facts, your dislike to Road Runners was my observation, and not a clear statement from yourself, so I can't earn a steak from you, but I would sit down and buy my own and shoot the ship with you or any of the regulars here, if everyone wasn't so far away.

Without trying to track down the post in question, a couple weeks back someone commented on a search to replace a Coronet R/T that he had sold in the past with possibly a Super Bee... Your statement was something along the line of... I would take a Super Bee any day over a Road Runner.... Not a Charger, or Cuda, or Satellite, and once when talking about your 4 speed New Yorker you said you would something, something unsuspecting Road Runners. I am just hastling you of course, but I was beginning to wonder if a Road Runner pecked you in the eye when you were a kid or something?

Well, I am glad to see that the Ford you were speaking of isn't a textbook fastback, but it still doesn't trip my trigger, though I do like the taillights. I must assume that you have some history with a similar car, and some imprinting has taken affect. I have the same affliction with my '68 300 and my '68-'70 Road Runners and GTXs... and the '57-'61 Mopar finned (Exner) cars make me warm and fuzzy inside.

I have owned a nice '67 F600 and my Dad had a nice '68 F100 Ranger, and like everyone having a belly botton, and a small block Chevy, I have had the misfortune of having a 350. Overall, while being loyal to Chrysler, I respect any older domestic iron.

My '69 Runner that I have had since I was 15 is a post 4spd car, but I don't think any of my '68 -'70 B-bodies had A/C.

Here's what shares my porch with my German Shepard and a 19 year old cat.... It is a 4 spd car also... Air Grabber, 3.54 Dana, 440....

.View attachment 4246

Nice RR. More pictures please.

I would take a Super Bee any day over a Road Runner....
How the %$# does that translate into my disliking RR's...????
I'd also take Angelina Jolie over Jennifer Aston but you wouldn't see me not having heart palpitations if Jennifer sat next to me in a bar.
You read stuff between the lines that just aren't there... :poke:
As Freud said:
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

Well, I am glad to see that the Ford you were speaking of isn't a textbook fastback,
What's a"textbook" fastback?
FWIW, I dislike textbook anything.
That's why I've parked my fat butt on FCBO for the most part...

Last edited:
Think one of my favorite odd ball mopar wagons was a 880 wagon with a 361/383 and a 4 speed!! It was on E-bay a number of years ago...don't think I saved any of the pics...but I drooled over that one.

Very nice car BTW...keep your eyes on E-bay...parts do show up from time to time.

How the %$# does that translate into my disliking RR's...????
I'd also take Angelina Jolie over Jennifer Aston but you wouldn't see me not having heart palpitations if Jennifer sat next to me in a bar.
You read stuff between the lines that just aren't there... :poke:
As Freud said:
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

What's a"textbook" fastback?
FWIW, I dislike textbook anything.
That's why I've parked my fat butt on FCBO for the most part...

Who is Jennifer Aston, and why didn't you ask her to put her cigar out?

A "textbook" fastback is a diplomatic attempt at saying the car that you pictured is not a fastback.

.67 Charger.jpg
.68 Barracuda.jpg
.1968 Barracuda.jpg

68 Barracuda.jpg

1968 Barracuda.jpg

67 Charger.jpg

I know what a fastback is and that Ford roof is not a true fastback but the blue oval guys have always called that roofline on that Galaxie a fastback and that is what it is known as. Their terminology, not mine....

Sent using Forum Runner

Nice RR. More pictures please.

The red '70 was my 1st Road Runner and 2nd car after my '68 300. During my freshman year in High School when I was 14, I saved 50 cents every day by just having a shake vs a full lunch. That following June I bought the Road Runner body for $50. Soon after I got a job and put a 440 in it and bought another '68 300 4drht and a '69 Road Runner by the time I was 16, and it became just shy of a bad habit buying countless old Mopars from that point.

.scan0013.jpg70 Road Runner (3).jpg70 Road Runner (1a).jpg70 Road Runner (2).jpg

scan0013.jpg

70 Road Runner (3).jpg

70 Road Runner (1a).jpg

70 Road Runner (2).jpg

Last edited:
Since when did you start being diplomatic?

I thought I was very diplomatic in my last correspondance with 1969Chrysler300. He evidently found me to be so understanding and polite, that he hasn't been rude to anyone since.

Back