1965 Dodge Monaco rear window regulators

65 Monaco

Reaction score
Trying to find window both left and right rear window regulators for my 1965 Dodge Monaco......not having much success. Does anyone have a source for these?

Thanks
Rommie Sebo

All '65 Monacos are two door. Don't forget Polara and Custom 880 are the same as Monaco for that hardware. Not 100% sure if '66 is also the same, I'll let someone else confirm or refute that.

Power, or manual ? Those can be rebuilt too, if you have them at all.

Window regulators are pretty standard fare, Should be the same for all 2 dr. C bodies from 65 thru 68. Hardtop and sedan. Give Murray Park a call, you can find his info in other post's on the site.

Are you needing absolutely everything? I have a large box of regulator parts, but nothing kitted up as complete sets.

Agreed, 65-68 Cs should have common parts, although a 65-66 NY coupe, 67-68 fasttops and all convertibles possibly differ. A 'standard' 2dr hardtop requires the window to rotate forward a bit as it goes down (somewhat complex roller system), while the exception cars I noted possibly have the windows going straight up/down.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have a 65 Monaco also. Read this thread just after i removed my driver side rear quarter glass and regulator. After cleaning up this what i have.
1. the arm came off of the regulator assembly. Its a press fit i think i can repair if i can't find a whole regulator.
2. The rear track roller square slide is broken. Need one of those.
3. The glass lower frame is bent towards the rear. Right where the roller is inserted. I think i can straighten this if i can't find a replacement.
4. The mystery is the broken track roller guide i found laying in the bottom of body cavity with the other broken pieces. I can't figure out where this would go. It is not the same piece as the front guide roller.
image.jpeg

So Fury-fan. Would you happen to have the rear roller-guide? The 2nd photo from the top.
Also a roller guide shown above if i can figger out where it goes.
thanks.

Those are the parts everyone asks about, the parts that always break. I'm depleted on them except for 2 sitting at my computer right here. I've been thinking about how to reproduce them, or create something to meet form-fit-function. These are the last loose ones I've got, and as you'll see in the following pics I just took from one of my cars, they are missing in this pic so apparently not spares. Can't sell them.

I've recently seen, on this site, a page from an FSM showing how those window parts go together. The rear roller will slide in the silver channel at the top of this pic, the channel has 2 threaded studs for adjustment.

window slides, rear, 65-68 C-body - 1.JPG

As for the roller-guide in your bottom pic, looks like there are 2 of them in this pic, the channel they slide on is not in your pictures. Channel is at the front of the window, view is looking down at the rockerpanel.
window slides, rear, 65-68 C-body - 4.JPG

And here are my 2 little slides, not sure where the round-round version is used, but all the window stuff I have is from 65-68 C-body.

window slides, rear, 65-68 C-body - swivels.JPG

Thanks fury fan. I figured out where the second roller glide goes. The number of posts looking for these things seem like an item needs to be reproduced.

Spoke with a buddy that does injection molding, might pay him a visit to see what he thinks of this. Nothing to get excited about yet, though.

Would be good to get these available, but might be cost-prohibitive due to what I presume are low volumes. I can't imagine selling more than 100 sets, would probably be hot-n-heavy sales at first via some webthreads. Then my inability to market them, and lack of internet presence/website, would probably cause a trickle of interest and I'd be sitting on a lot of inventory. And might need to have a cores from you guys for the steel pins, buying B-body kits for the pins and retainer clips would be expensive.

Here are what I found available for other cars (might not be all inclusive):
R/T Specialties - Mopar Fasteners, Clips & Hardware
Mopar 66-70 B Body Quarter Window Roller Kit
Classic Industries | Restoration Parts | Mopar Parts | Camaro Parts | Firebird Parts | Nova Parts | Impala Parts | GM Truck Parts | Tri-Five Chevy Parts
http://www.jimsautoparts.com/glass_and_ window_parts.htm
Glass - Door Glass Components - Window Rollers

[QUOTEfitView attachment 84837

And here are my 2 little slides, not sure where the round-round version is used, but all the window stuff I have is from 65-68 C-body.

View attachment 84838[/QUOTE]
Those are the parts everyone asks about, the parts that always break. I'm depleted on them except for 2 sitting at my computer right here. I've been thinking about how to reproduce them, or create something to meet form-fit-function. These are the last loose ones I've got, and as you'll see in the following pics I just took from one of my cars, they are missing in this pic so apparently not spares. Can't sell them.

I've recently seen, on this site, a page from an FSM showing how those window parts go together. The rear roller will slide in the silver channel at the top of this pic, the channel has 2 threaded studs for adjustment.

View attachment 84836

As for the roller-guide in your bottom pic, looks like there are 2 of them in this pic, the channel they slide on is not in your pictures. Channel is at the front of the window, view is looking down at the rockerpanel.View attachment 84837

View attachment 84838

Fury Fan,
The two in the bottom photo look like they may fit the same application. If the double roller one has a swivel it may replace the square guide version.
I would be interested to know if anyone has been able kit together a replacement assembly for these guides from available rollers/guides for A,B, & E body parts.
I am also investigating reverse engineering or scanning the square guide to 3d print some out in nylon. Something flexible enough to snap over the ball swivel.

My buddy and I discussed the inj molding, and although he has access to lower-cost tooling sources, it was just too high to pursue (he estimated a few thousand for a tool). It would be tough to sell enough to break even, I'd want to have ROI in a year and then make some money for my effort/tooling investment.

You and I are on the same wavelength on the 3D printing. But...

He printed a few based on measurements we made on parts I have. 1 cracked when he inserted the ball. I took them home and drilled successively larger holes in other samples until I could pop the ball in without cracking (and lost a few more to cracks along the way). For the intact one, the swivel was pretty stiff, and a dose of spray-lube didn't help much. So more iterations are required to get a part that felt good in the hands. I don't know if the socket geometry was incorrect, we simply made it a sphere, and maybe it was simply a few thou too small?

My bigger concern is how to ensure robust parts. It would be simple to hone in on the geometry to make parts that fit, but if they fail in service sometime afterward it's real inconvenient for the customer. I have a test fixture on hand (aka a project car I'll never finish) but how many cycles/power window motors should I go thru???

I have thought that perhaps CNC-machining some from solid nylon would be a better idea, I have a slab of some slippery stuff (UHMW?) that I got from the trash 20+ years ago that I could experiment with. Need to do a 3D file first, and that's where time gets tight.

We know there are folks out there that need these slides, but how many do we think we'd realistically sell?

I was thinking the 3d route as it would be cheaper than cnc machining but i'm leery of the strength of the finished product. The nylon media looked like the most viable but i have yet to see anything of substance or real strength produced in 3d.
I would think one could kit-bash something that would work from all the different rollers and guides being repopped for the other body styles. Should be a roller that would work in the rear track in place of the square slide.
The saga continues.

Fury Fan,
The two in the bottom photo look like they may fit the same application. If the double roller one has a swivel it may replace the square guide version.
window-slides-rear-65-68-c-body-swivels-jpg.84838

The one with the 2 rollers is different. Putting them side-by-side it is about 3/16" taller than the one with the square slider. Don't know if that difference could be taken up in the4 adjustment of the guides? The dia/width of the grooves is the same for both, though.

Yes, would be interesting to see if any mix-match can be done with A-B-E parts, but from what I looked at there would be a lot of parts not used, and I don't remember seeing any loose swivel guides in those links I posted that made me want to buy something and take the chance. Nothing looked promising to me?

I'll have to check-out the vendors at the Mopar Nats. Guys like R/T Specialties had bins and bins of loose rollers and guides for the "other" mopars. I didn't have my entire roller assembly with me at Carlisle to match something up.

Agreed, visual evaluation is the way to go. I don't have access to shows like that anymore...

Ok, so now i'm trying to install the rear quarter window. It came out so it has go back in. But for the life of me i can't get it back in the opening. The FSM are no help. The lower front track guide and the rear track guides were busted and not attached during removal. The upper front track guide was in place when i removed it all. Regulator is sitting in the bottom out of the way. What's the trick to get the glass and bottom bracket in the quarter panel? Anyone?

That is one of the very few parts I've never had out, and both mine need to be cleaned/greased soon, so if you find an easy way please post it. (With illustrations.) :D

Back