1965 fury III update.

64gmc

Reaction score
Just a small up date. Haven't dont much at all to it. Been to cold and here in western KS the wind blows almost evey day so 50 feels like 30. But i did find a set of taillight on ebay and won them. (wifes anniverary/valentines day presant. It is her car!) lol Can't wait to see them to make sure they are as good as they looked in the pics. I know they are pitted chrome and one has a small crack but they will work for now.

Well the "patient" is back in the garage. Took and jacked her up to get the tank out to see how bad it was. And I have to say that is the cleanest tank I've ever removed from a car that has sat 40 yrs. No rust inside it. Just a light film of crap. Think all it will need is washed out. But I'll probably go ahead and seal it too.
Also got the rear spring mounts in today. For those that may need to know. The 66 one are different then the 65. 66 has four bolt holes the 65 only has 3. But a hole in the middle of the upper 2 hole and they line up nicely.

And I almost forgot. We went to the Denver swap meet yesterday and I scored a new/used distributor with control box and coil for $85. Only real oem parts I found for the fury was the fender fury III emblems. There was a nice 66 vip grille.

And I don't know if I said anything but I got all the tailights at one time on eBay the other day. Chromed a little messed up but all I really wanted was the lenses any way.

Just a little update for you all so you know i still working on her. Bought the patch panels for the quarters a week or so ago. been trying to get the passager side on and fit. As far as patch panels go they are not the best i've ever used or bought but think they are still better then a flat piece of metal. Here is some pics for ya!

IMG_5061.JPG

IMG_5062.jpg

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5064.JPG

IMG_5065.JPG

IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5067.JPG

IMG_5068.JPG

IMG_5069.JPG

Now for what i did... I had to replace the drop off in the trunk so i used some of the patch panel that i was not going to used as the patch. got it welded in and let it straight. i used the lower original lip as a guide to know were to make the lip at. Then i split the quarter at body line left about a 1/4" below to weld to. I like to split at body lines cause they don't warp when welding. Got it al welded in then made the very rear patch.

Thanks guys! i started on the passanger side because it wasn't as bad as the drivers side. I like to keep as much original metal there as i can.lol! Once i pull that crease i will patch the spot above the wheel well. And show you all how it turns out!

Where'd you get the patch panels for the Fury? I see Goodmark has some but if there are better companies I'd listen. MY 67 Fury III needs some rust repair too.

Where'd you get the patch panels for the Fury? I see Goodmark has some but if there are better companies I'd listen. MY 67 Fury III needs some rust repair too.

I called goodmark and they didn't have both sides. But the guy gave me the manufactures number and i got them straight from them. They are the only one who make them. I'll see if i can find that info again for you. Like said before these are not the best thing in the world but only thing there is next to a flat piece of metal.

Done some more work to the 65 fury III after i was finaly able to get it back in the garage after all this rain.

96.jpg97.jpg98.jpg99.jpg

96.jpg

97.jpg

98.jpg

99.jpg

I still have to grind welds down but thought it fit pretty good need to put the hood spring/bar braket on still. Next spot to get to work on will be Left quarter. But ill probably get front end put back on first. Make sure it well line up and fit right.

Back