WANTED 1965 Imperial Engine Block Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackardDon

Reaction score
Contact seller
Does anyone have a good 413 engine block properly coded A413 for 1965? As I'm sure everyone here already knows, this code would be on the flat boss at the top of the block under the A/C compressor. To keep shipping costs down prefer in the Oregon or Washington area but open to other locations too. Thank you!

Updated: Corrected above from Y413 to A413.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a good 413 engine block properly coded Y413 for 1965? This code would be on the flat boss at the top of the block under the A/C compressor. To keep shipping costs down prefer in the Oregon or Washington area but open to other locations too. Thank you!
If you live n oregan best bet to get hold of wildcat auto parts

Yes, I knew it was an A instead of Y! I guess I was thinking of the current V41 that is in it now and got confused but thank you for the correction.

As for Wildcat, I did contact them but they did not have one which is why I posted here. Another parts source suggested it.

It doesn’t say what year it is but might be worth a call. Maybe he’s moving west and could bring it with him.

413 big block Mopar

Selling 413 bb mopar. Stock bore, 292/.533 mopar purple shaft cam, .218/188 mopar performance valves. 906 heads, I have over $2500 alone in the heads. Engine should be gone through, hasn't run in years. I am moving and don't want to take it with me. $775(586)925 1322
  • d
3CC80EFB-1C23-49CA-8A9B-C94E64E55FD1.jpeg

Never did get a response from the Craig’s List person and still need a good A413 block in the Oregon area. My own engine is easily repairable but, as it’s from a 1964, I would rather put the money into the proper one but can use it if I must. In the long run, it might be easier!

Anyway, emailed Wildcat several times about various parts but never a reply. Found a perfect one at a reasonable pruce that even had a later transmission that I need but it was in New York with astronomical shipping through uShip! A guy across the border in Washington State had some 1966 parts that I needed but no ‘65 block and another I thought I had found in Monterey, CA also turned out to be a false alarm. I’m virtually deaf and can’t just pick up the phone to call so not sure why places like Wildcat have email addresses posted if they won’t use them! It gets quite frustrating. There, I feel better . . .

4D2A810E-FF49-41BD-84FB-35B53A2E1072.jpeg
By the way, my engine is now mounted on a cradle for easy storage and upper-end work and was made specifically for the 413/440 block. It fits like a glove with very high quality. I believe it also fits several other Mopar big block engines. PM me if you want the builder’s name and contact information.

As a minor diversion, what's a 'T' code? I should have a 65 block but it's kinda buried right now.

I've got an old 413 block I picked up years ago and it has the T stamp on it. The block also came with some floating power mounts, not sure what it was out of, just remember it filled the trunk on my 65 bringing it home. I was told at the time it was a 62 or 63 block but he really didn't know what it came out of so I really didn't pay much heed to that. The 65 block I have isn't from an Imperial, came out of a Monaco.

I don’t know of any T code but perhaps I missed it on the list. Is it on the top boss under the A/C compressor and are there any other numbers with it? The Imperial Club site has a full list of codes and their locations which should help with the identification.

What is the code on your 1965 413 block?

Last edited:
Anyway, emailed Wildcat several times about various parts but never a reply... And I’m virtually deaf and can’t just pick up the phone to call so not sure why places like Wildcat have email addresses posted if they won’t use them! It gets quite frustrating. There, I feel better . . .

Lots of times email get sent into spam folders. They never see it. Other times yours might come through at the same moment as a dozen others and it gets missed.

Do you have a able-eared friend who could call on your behalf?

Do you have a able-eared friend who could call on your behalf?

No and it shouldn't be necessary. I guess as a techie myself I have certain basic expectations such as checking the junk folder regularly. I manage about fifteen different email accounts and they can’t handle one!

I don’t know of any T code. Is it on the top boss under the A/C compressor and are there any other numbers with it? The Imperial Club site has a full list of codes and their locations which should help with the identification.

What is the code on your 1965 413 block?
It's a T 41, so from the Imperial list it's a 63 block. There's some other numbers there too but I don't remember those right now.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch........
upload_2017-12-18_14-36-5.png

Hadn't noticed the Maltese cross until I looked at the picture, no clue what the 1113 means, if anything.

The 65 is so far a complete engine, still contemplating if I want to build it for my convertible. Had to remove the spark plug wire loom to get at the pad.
upload_2017-12-18_14-38-45.png

Once again, no clue on the 8 3, is that an assembly date or something?

8 3 is indeed the date: August 3 and A413 is indeed 1965! I never noticed the cross on mine either but will see if I have a close enough photo that might show it. Of course, mine is a V41 from 1964 so maybe not.

The maltese cross isn't on the 65, think it has something to do with undersize bearings or something like that. Don't remember for sure though.

Edit: maltese cross indicates .001" undersize bearing shells.

Here's the 1964 version.

EDIT: This engine was installed in Reno by the original owners while the car was still fairly new as I bought it in or around early 1972 so not sure what happened with the original. In any event, it wasn't an Imperial-specific engine either as it had the wrong oil pan which I realized several years later when the steering's cross-linkages wore through the pan. Fortunately it lost all its oil while parked and I saw it before driving anywhere.

Finally upon removal and disassembly recently, I found that it had been bored .030 over and apparently had some work done on one side that was not done on the other as there was a mismatch between some of the head and valve cover bolts so I'll need to find replacements for those too, after making sure that the heads have both been milled the same so as to not cause a compression imbalance. I was also surprised to see that it had a bent and popped-out push rod.

1964 V41 engine code (date May 12th)
100_1362.JPG

The missing pushrod
100_1440.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back