NOT MINE 1965 Monaco for sale

TNT440

Reaction score
Car looks really clean. He is asking $22,500 Canadian.

Thoughts?

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

I’m not sure it is the same car. Different plates mean nothing. The red details atop the air cleaner and master cylinder don’t mean much either. Same for the red details on the A/C vents in this car (absent from the 2018 pics). But look at the AC compressors, they are different.

Bottom line: The engine bay and interior are showing subtle variations between the 2018 and 2021 ads. Then again, it could be that the then-owner (@Matt62) has taken this beautiful turquoise Monaco to the next level, which would be consistent with the questions he’s asked (Edit: on FCBO) over the years.

Last edited:
Complete other aircleaner ....now period correct....It is the same car!!!

First off, this is my favorite era of Mopar car's and I have been looking at 65 Dodges for years. You do not see too many Monaco's in this condition. I am impressed the basket weave trim on the rear seats looks 100% factory; everything is clean. At this price, every light bulb, option and A/C should work like new. It is optioned similar to a Chrysler 300 letter series back in the day without the leather seats and tach in the console.

The $22,500 CAN price coverts to $18,265 in USD. Please note the condition of this car appears to be on the line from moving past the driver category to trailer queen. Also at this price point, it should/could have had power windows.

The question is, what do you want to do with it?

I would want to drive it, and therefore would go as high $17,250 Canadian [$14,000 USD] . As a trailer queen, it is reasonable. With the way old cars prices are going, you would have to be comfortable paying that price to know there is a 98% probability you would not get close to this if you re-sell it.

As for the red paint, check out the plastic red flags on the trash cans. He has a red color marking compulsion. The paint is also on the manual vent levers in the interior on the dash. Psychology 101 tells me the seller is a very intense, organized guy, has an eye for detail, and is not likely to budge on the price.

In summary - if you want to have it parked in your garage and keep it covered, and occasionally wipe it down with a diaper, the $22,250 CAN price is appropriate. But it will deteriorate from age and never be as valuable-desired as other Mopar's.

I would drive the hell out of it and enjoy it, it is a very fun car with a great look, be OK with letting it get used, but I would not feel comfortable paying that price.

I hope this helps. If was me, I would sell the car I have now and buy this one if it was in the $14,000 USD range.

Let us know how it turns out. Good luck. Steve

It has to be the same car. There's no way that there are two USA spec turquoise '65 Monaco's in Ontario.

Looks like a lot of work has been done to the car from 2018 to now.

Front bumper is dented in 2018 photos, so it had at least one of the bumpers replaced or more likely rechromed.

Jeff

I noticed in one of Matt62's posts that he had an electrical problem in the dash somewhere, I wonder if he ever located the problem, or if it still may exist. Sounded like it was an intermittent problem.

Back