NOT MINE 1965 Plymouth Sport Fury, triple black 383 4-speed, $22,000 Sacramento CA

PH27L7

Reaction score
Minimal pictures...

1965 plymouth sport fury for sale by owner - Sacramento, CA - craigslist

All original 383/ manual four speed transmission. Posi Rear End.
Original paint (Patina)
No body rust. / Original floor boards (no rust)
(Re built 383) 6.3 L 30 over pistons / 10/10 over crank and rods.
New alternator, starter, clutch, fly wheel, water pump / electric distributor, power steering box and pump . / front disc brake kit / rear shoes and slave cylinder.
Over $15,000 in new parts / front seat covers & pads / windshield and gasket / all new door and window rubber seals & headliner / radio with 4 speakers / Tires (5)
Have receipts for everything / including machine work.

1965 fury 1.jpg
1965 fury 2.jpg

Minimal pictures...

1965 plymouth sport fury for sale by owner - Sacramento, CA - craigslist

All original 383/ manual four speed transmission. Posi Rear End.
Original paint (Patina)
No body rust. / Original floor boards (no rust)
(Re built 383) 6.3 L 30 over pistons / 10/10 over crank and rods.
New alternator, starter, clutch, fly wheel, water pump / electric distributor, power steering box and pump . / front disc brake kit / rear shoes and slave cylinder.
Over $15,000 in new parts / front seat covers & pads / windshield and gasket / all new door and window rubber seals & headliner / radio with 4 speakers / Tires (5)
Have receipts for everything / including machine work.

View attachment 638148View attachment 638149
Ha, you beat me to it, I was about to post the elusive big block c-body 4spd!

nope , that antenna is aftermarket , so what else has been replaced on that ride ?
Agreed. I would like at least one interior photo, preferably of the center console, plus a motor/money shot! If it is actually what it claims to be, and the essentials are period correct, the price is sort of in the ballpark.

I can just sense that it's a #3 car in person which would make it way overpriced.
I also don't like buying someone's rebuilt engines.

Interesting that each photo has a different set of wheel covers.
Or maybe not. Just different angle I guess.

the factory pait must be under that flat black coat , for its age , factory black cars wear the finish down to the primer over time , well at least my 69 rr did , not so much my 64 cuda

Scan0013_0013.jpg

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP DRIVER SIDE.jpg

that power brake unit is modern day , wonder if it's had disc brakes added . i've never had pb and a 4spd together . neither of my current black car have pb even if there disc brake converted .

Scan0019_0019.jpg

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP INTERIOR.jpg

@ayilar - thanks! I would've missed this one.

Interesting that they did the front seats, but elected to not do the rear seat. Makes them look different due to different freshness. Not a corner I would cut.

This car looks really straight, good panel gaps, rear lights and trim look really good, although the quarterpanel 'C' pieces look a little dinged. Front fender edge and hood lip trim also look decent. Bad choice on that antenna, though.

But for $22k I would like to see some shine, at least from an older paintjob that still presents well.

I'm glad it has those wheelcovers. I've always thought they were an elegant design, but I would never buy a set to put on a Fury.
Now I know what they look like on one. They aren't awesome, but I like them better than some others I've seen.

Now you go.

Looking at the various comments, I'll give my 2 cents-

A rust-free triple black 4-speed Sport Fury with original paint is quite a rarity. I would agree that it's an overall #3 car, but for $22k I certainly wouldn't expect a #2 or #1. Just the rust-free part is darn near impossible to find these days for a nearly 60 year old car. The wheels/ tires and antenna choices are simple bolt-ons & super easy to change to one's preference. If you don't like disc brakes, it's a piece of cake to change back to drums. If this were a comparable (big block/ 4-speed) full size Chevy or Pontiac it would sell quickly for twice the price and this is at least the equal (I think better) than those cars plus it's rarer.

Bottom line, I think $22k is not an outrageous price.

Back