1965 Sport Fury New Fuel tank and filler neck questions

I'm in a Fury!

Reaction score
Picked up my 65 sport fury a couple months ago without any fuel tank parts such as upper fuel filler neck, tank straps. Recently I bought a new tank, lower filler neck w/ vent tube. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find upper filler neck (due to the one year side fill style). I'm wondering if any of you guys could send me pics of what the upper filler looks like along with the neck support pad so I can some how Frankenstein one together from parts available or maybe one of you has an extra one? Also if anyone has any diagrams or tips for putting it all together that would be great. Thank you

Service Manuals – MyMopar
Welcome. I'd download the Plymouth 1965 Manual.
I'd start with this page 119 inch wheel base
65.jpg

Neither of those diagrams are for a 65 Fury. I'll have to see if I can find my 65 FSM.
I downloaded the 1965 Plymouth Factory Shop Manual from www.mymopar.com. I published the only 119 wheel base pic from it. There was a separate image for station wagon, but OP has Sport Fury, not a wagon. I reviewed the entire fuel tank portion of the 1965 Plymouth manual. Maybe it's mislabeled. Hope you post a correct pic.

I downloaded the 1965 Plymouth Factory Shop Manual from www.mymopar.com. I published the only 119 wheel base pic from it. There was a separate image for station wagon, but OP has Sport Fury, not a wagon. I reviewed the entire fuel tank portion of the 1965 Plymouth manual. Maybe it's mislabeled. Hope you post a correct pic.
I appreciate you guys looking into this for me I will do some studying thank you very much!

Neither of those diagrams are for a 65 Fury. I'll have to see if I can find my 65 FSM.
I appreciate the help. Go ahead and send me the diagram if you come across your 65 FSM. Wondered if you know if the fuel tank straps are the same for a regular 65 Fury versus a 65 Sport Fury? I would imagine they are but hunting online it'll say one thing will fit a regular Fury but won't fit a Sport Fury. Let me know your opinion on this whenever you have a chance. Thank you.

I appreciate you guys looking into this for me I will do some studying thank you very much!
@I'm in a Fury!
Hi IIAF,
Aside from the diagrams. call these guys.
Wildcat Auto Wrecking | Mopar Parts | Classic Car Dealer
Very knowledgeable and helpful. They'll get you the part you need.
Failing them having it, call
Desert Valley Auto Parts
Their prices may be higher and they aren't Mopar only, but getting the part you need is most important. I bet you're smart enough to put it together, once you have the part in hand. :thumbsup: Good luck, Ben

Not sure if this will help but here's pictures of my 65 Fury.
View attachment 513728View attachment 513729View attachment 513730
Just want to say thanks again I got it to all work out ended up using a 1947 to 1950s GMC truck filler neck (looked as close as I could see like your filler neck in the picture with the vent tube) and I've had the new tank and all of it put together in the car getting on a month now so nice to be able to drive this thing far. Your pictures really helped me get it set up right and find the right parts to make it work. Thanks again

@I'm in a Fury!
Hi IIAF,
Aside from the diagrams. call these guys.
Wildcat Auto Wrecking | Mopar Parts | Classic Car Dealer
Very knowledgeable and helpful. They'll get you the part you need.
Failing them having it, call
Desert Valley Auto Parts
Their prices may be higher and they aren't Mopar only, but getting the part you need is most important. I bet you're smart enough to put it together, once you have the part in hand. :thumbsup: Good luck, Ben
Just wanted to say thanks for the info and support I was able to make it all work had the new tank in for a while now Frankensteined a filler neck and vent tube that worked perfectly so nice to drive this thing for now. Have a good one thanks.

Back