1966 / 300 - Recommend Convertible Top Supplier

Jalopy Papi

Reaction score
Hi C-Bodies Fans,

I have a Convertible 1966 Chrysler 300 in need of a new top. Classic Industries, doesn't seem to carry very much for this year/model. Has anyone used other suppliers they would like to recommend?

thanks in advance for all your help!

1966 300.png

I believe there are only about 4 convertible top manufacturers in the US.

Kees, Robbins, Electron and E-Z On.

My Legendary top is an Electron.

Most likely any of them would be fine although I don't know if they sell direct to the public or not.

We'll see if anyone pops up with a good supplier. Always ask for material samples before you buy.

Are you going to install it yourself? Most installers have a favorite supplier they deal with, so you may want to ask them before you buy.

I believe there are only about 4 convertible top manufacturers in the US.

Kees, Robbins, Electron and E-Z On.

My Legendary top is an Electron.

Most likely any of them would be fine although I don't know if they sell direct to the public or not.

We'll see if anyone pops up with a good supplier. Always ask for material samples before you buy.

Are you going to install it yourself? Most installers have a favorite supplier they deal with, so you may want to ask them before you buy.
OR . . . you might let them install it, once you find the fabric you like. Then you might get the full warranty on the top and installation, possibly. Unless you've installed one before.

What condition are the hydraulics and linkages in?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Hi C-Bodies Fans,

I have a Convertible 1966 Chrysler 300 in need of a new top. Classic Industries, doesn't seem to carry very much for this year/model. Has anyone used other suppliers they would like to recommend?

View attachment 585789
I bought mine from Convertible Top Guys and am very pleased with it.

OR . . . you might let them install it, once you find the fabric you like. Then you might get the full warranty on the top and installation, possibly. Unless you've installed one before.

What condition are the hydraulics and linkages in?

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Hi CBODY67,

The linkages are good, the hydraulics appear to be leaking. I need to dig into that today.

Hi CBODY67,

The linkages are good, the hydraulics appear to be leaking. I need to dig into that today.
Thanks rkrochen. I see they have it in their online catelog
If you decide to do this on your own they provide decent instructions and it’s really not that hard to do. Also there is a very good description of how to do a proper adjustment of the top somewhere in this forum that should be done.

I bought my top from ARO. ARO2000.com I installed the top myself. Was a big job, made bigger by the fact that i had to repair rot and rust on the front header. I spoke to the owner of the company Putt, directly who was very helpful and the top fit perfectly along with the glass rear window and well cover.

Thanks rkrochen. I see they have it in their online catelog
I also went with Convertible Top Guys who in turn got the top from KEES mfg.
Once you use a pro to install it, show proof of install to KEES then they warranty it for 8 yrs. or so.
I used Tops Online for pads, tack strips and cables, very happy with both outfits I used.
Good luck.

Hi C-Bodies Fans,

View attachment 585789
Meadedistributing.com
They are the original Mopar supplier, in Detroit. I’ve always gotten all my convert supplies from them. Nice car!

I bought mine direct from Kee, and I'm pleased with it. I had it professionally installed before I shipped the car as the original one was toast. Pic is in my signature. So far, so good.

Back