1966 dodge polara station wagon

Can we please make a write up of this topic a sticky?

I take it you're lookin' for ah 4500lb street brawler? Ah couple thingz to think about tho'. Headerz and dual exhaust will help it pass gas but at 4500lbs you'll never feel the difference in performance. and ah 355 rear gear will put you up around 3000 RPMz at 70 MPH. If you want to smoke the tirez you can just as easy do that with a 323 or even a 276 open or sure grip. Personally I'd rather spend that much coin on up dating and converting the A/C system to R134 and makin' sure the rear A/C iz kickin' butt. We can't keep up with the new high tech stuff no matter what we do or spend. Kick back and enjoy the ride for what it iz. You have a fine slab there. Jer

Just starting to install a TTi exhaust on my '65 Monaco, and all the rear brackets use no mounting holes so far. The tail pipe hangers, or the muffler hangers...
The brackets for the muffler hangers seemed to go on fine, other than it being a real pain to get a drill up over the top shock mounts to drill holes for them..
The rear hanger is supposed to go into the rear frame rail, but there is no hold there, and the supplied bolts are not long enough to go all the way through the frame rail. Did you run into this as well? I'm debating whether I should go all the way through and go buy longer bolts, or buy self tapping bolts and only go into one side of the frame rail?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
I drilled the hole through the frame and used longer bolts, lock washer and bolt, no problems. I did have to grind a small notch on the gas tank flange for bolt clearance on the drivers side. I had to trim down the pipes before the mufflers and I have yet to trim the tail pipes to get the tips under the bumper. I still like the kit.

Since you are in the process of having the transmission rebuilt have a low first gear set installed. They will make 3.23's seem like 3.73's in first gear but will cruise like the 3.23's in third.

Back