1966 New Yorker 4 dt H/T, $4588, San Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg B.

Reaction score
Contact seller
*not mine*

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...rtfield=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&&aff=criteo

Not much of a description, but it appears marked down from $7888. Claiming just under 58,000 miles and looks it. At the new price of $4588 it looks like a decent find. At a dealer, Mercedes-Benz of San Francisco. Maybe they just want it gone. Looks like a really nice car.

66nyer1.jpg

66nyer2.jpg

66nyer3.jpg

66nyer4.jpg

That is a very nice Ny'er for that price. Very clean and appears to be rust free.

If It was anywhere close to me I would be tempted to seriously consider it. At that price it is not much of a risk and a nice entry to the marque or hobby.

Last edited:
Very nice car. Black plate CA car too. One issue I see is the dual snorkle air cleaner. I don't belive it was available in 66. Somone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Very nice car. Black plate CA car too. One issue I see is the dual snorkle air cleaner. I don't belive it was available in 66. Somone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just checked the '66 brochure and it was listed as an option as part of the 440 hi-po Magnum engine. Just another thing to love about this one if that is indeed the engine.

Just checked the '66 brochure and it was listed as an option as part of the 440 hi-po Magnum engine. Just another thing to love about this one if that is indeed the engine.
Well thanks for proving me wrong LOL. I thought there was no Hi-po 440 in 66. Ok I now have no issues with this car.

And possibly the old saying proven wrong every car sold by a dealer is way overpriced. If it doesn't fit his inventory you can be lucky, had that experience as well, but only once. :)

Very nice car.

I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep last night and I could not stop thinking about this car. Sadly, it seems impossible for me. I even went to far as to get a Google Maps set of directions from the dealership to my house. Only 3800 miles of driving, half of it across the wilderness of Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska and the Dakotas. Not likely in a 47 year-old car of unknown condition. Shipping would be the only option and that seems equally impractical, making it no longer such a bargain.

Shipping would be the only option and that seems equally impractical, making it no longer such a bargain.

Thats the problem most of us encounter, yet, they get shipped over seas everyday by the hundreds.

In Miami, I saw a holding lot for cars to be loaded into containers. Yes, there were a LOT of them. So much so, that Customs had an office in the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back