For Sale 1966 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
This one is very optimistically priced by someone who calls himself a professional auto restoration technician. As always he needs to move this one as he has another project.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4771307605.html

This is my 1966 Chrysler New Yorker 4 door hardtop. This is one of the cleanest survivor Chryslers of its kind, and is even still sporting its original black license plates. It was purchased new on March 8, 1966 from Fox Motors in Los Gatos, Ca. The car has never left the bay area. The original owner was an old woman who brought it in to the local Mercedes dealer as a trade-in.

I acquired the car from a relative of the dealership supervisor, making me the third owner. While at the dealer, it was professionally repainted to a high standard and is virtually flawless. There are no scratches, chips, or other paint damage. The body is extremely straight and solid, and sports its original chrome and moldings.

The car has 157,000 original miles, with a large chunk of them having been put on early in its life. As per the service records in the original owners manual, the car had 68,000 miles in 1971. The car has almost always been garaged and is in super clean original condition.

Aside from the repaint, everything else is original. The original seats show hardly any wear, with very minor splitting of a seam on the rear seat, and a small split on the headliner, but aside from that are virtually new looking!

This car was ordered with power seats, power windows, air conditioning, and full tilt and telescoping steering wheel, all very desirable options!

Heres what doesn't work:
The A/C needs to be charged
dash clock doesn't work
rear drivers window doesn't go down
speedometer needle works, but has stopped recording mileage

Everything else works! Lights, wipers, horn, seats, etc. Also has a brand new CD player in dash.
This car is truly one of the cleanest and fastest cars you could ever drive. The original 7.2L 440 V8 motor is like nothing you've ever driven. The combination of this engine with the original TorqueFlite transmission is an uncomparable experience that you'll only get from behind the wheel of this New Yorker. Just in case you're wondering, I've had this car over 100MPH, so yes, it does haul quite quickly. Runs excellent!

Recent service includes:
New whitewall tires
New brake shoes and springs, and adjustment
Edelbrock performance carburetor installed and dialed in (also have the original Carter that has been rebuilt)
Dual Flowmaster exhaust
Set timing (distributor has an electronic ignition)
New cap, rotor, plug wires, and spark plugs
New ignition coil
New fan clutch
New thermostat
Flushed radiator, new coolant
New oil and filter

I am a professional auto restoration technician and I only allow the cleanest original cars in my collection. This is an extremely clean New Yorker and it pains me to let it go, but it takes up space. . . 19 feet to be exact, and I need to make room for a new project.

Can you handle this boat? Come find out! Call or email me with any questions, or if you would like to schedule a viewing. Title is clean, registration is current.

Hagerty rates this collector car in its fine condition in the $15K - $18K range. I'm asking $12K to move it along. Feel free to make an offer, but please do it tastefully.

Thanks for your interest!

FiveOneZeroSixEightFourFourFourFiveTwo

00303_iOkxYP4OXL9_600x450.jpg

00O0O_9kzztJq1aht_600x450.jpg

00k0k_3457FmlhWov_600x450.jpg

00o0o_f44Zg1MqZ3G_600x450.jpg

00z0z_9CMmQdZCPZw_600x450.jpg

Absolutely terrible place to keep the fire extinguisher. Has about as much use as a hood ornament does in that location. Nice car though.

Forget about the price, the car is gorgeous!

that car was email over a yr ago from same seller, no way its work 1/2 that.

ny.jpg

Looks like he put it on eBay now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301531464211

The listing does have some nice "glamour shot" photos.

When I looked at this car, I noted the following:

Decent paint job in a non-original color, but at least they sprayed the door jams.
They didn't do the trunk or engine compartment, though. The weird thing is
that in the front left wheel well, and down into the engine bay behind
the engine, someone painted the new color on with a brush! Right over
the undercoating. Very strange. Also it has body damage on both rear
corners, not repaired well before the paint. The corresponding chrome
trim is cracked, too. There is no vinyl trim on the c-pillar. I could not find any rust or signs of it (besides under the battery).

The interior is pretty nice and original. It's a highly optioned car. The chrome trim on the driver's seat base is cracked and
flopping around. Shame about the two holes in the dash pad and the aftermarket radio. It drives well but is very loud due to the non-stock
exhaust. It also has a non-stock carburetor as the seller notes.

One of the transmission cooler hard lines near the radiator is crimped almost completely shut. So it's been driven around who knows how long with next to zero transmission cooling.

He got this on trade for a VW squareback and he said that his rock bottom price was $8K. Looks like it's already met reserve at $6500.

ny.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back