For Sale 1966 Plymouth big block 4-speed - $9800

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaV

Marching to the beat of a distant drummer.
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
NOT MINE

1966 Plymouth big block 4-speed - $9800 (Blanco)

1966 Plymouth big block 4-speed

1966 Plymouth Sport Fury
Factory 383 commando 4 barrel
All MSD electronic Ignition with 6AL spark box
console 4-speed
8 3/4 Limited slip with 3.23 final drive
SSBC 4-wheel disc brakes work very well.
5 crager wheels with 5 Michelin radial tires...15" wheels or bigger were required due to brake size.
Original paint and interior
I am second owner and have owned this car since 2009 and registered it 2 years later after
I had the engine professionally rebuilt and balanced by Mission Auto of San Antonio.
Lots of work over the years with approx only 5000 miles driven since putting car back on the road.

Original owner lives in Austin Texas

This big block Plymouth does not have power steering or power brakes or power anything
It's all Manual.
Radio works good and so does heater.
Windshield wipers and squirters work good.
All lights and turn signals and backup light work
Has YOM (year of manufacture) license plates... no inspections required... but will pass if you want regular plates.
I like to think of it as my moonshine runner, driven mainly out in the Hill Country.
Extremely nice highway car with smooth relaxed posture and smooth shifting Hurst 4-spd
Mileage is approx 14-16 hwy mpg
Vintage tach and all gauges work.

$9800 cash

Please no help selling or scamming. I am retired and have nothing better to do but hunt idiots.
Phone calls only... please be a man that can call and speak to me and doesn't feel need to text... one or two is fine but then talk. Must show up in person BEFORE trying to bargain/lowball/bs me.

There are 19 pics in the Craigslist ad.

00l0l_b47mZwUs1bm_600x450 (1).jpg
00505_l2ilZdOyS15_600x450 (1).jpg
00101_7CJteLVivj5_600x450 (1).jpg
00U0U_gAx3TE1oPOX_600x450 (1).jpg
00u0u_4zc8xEA3zh1_600x450.jpg

Must show up in person BEFORE trying to bargain/lowball/bs me.

Well, I'm out. Not flying anywhere to haggle. As much as l like the scruffy look, I'd have to haggle. As cool as a four speed would be, it's not $9800 nice, to me anyways.

I thought all 66 Mopars got Inland shifters. Maybe real early production used up the 65 Hurst shifters or a previous owner got tired of wearing the ash tray going for third and replaced the Inland?

Kevin

Given the fact that this car has a lot of modifications, such as headers, intake, carb, ignition, 4 wheel discs etc, likely the shifter was an add on. Which leads me to wonder if it was a factory 4 speed car or a clone. Can't see enough of the hood ornament to see if it says 383, Vin appears to have G engine code, so it may have been either a 2 or 4BBL car. Console looks to be stock, but might be a transplant. Would need to see a build sheet before trying to arrive at a reasonable value. At first glance, it appears overpriced.

Dave

Last edited:
Is that a ripple in the drivers side C pillar or is it just me. Appears to be some abrasion on the roof too I wonder if her belly's been in the sun.

I thought all 66 Mopars got Inland shifters. Maybe real early production used up the 65 Hurst shifters or a previous owner got tired of wearing the ash tray going for third and replaced the Inland?

Kevin

You are correct. The Hurst shifter was available as an option sometime around mid-model year on the '68 C Body's.

Is that a ripple in the drivers side C pillar or is it just me. Appears to be some abrasion on the roof too I wonder if her belly's been in the sun.
And the passenger quarter panel has typical rust in the lower rear portion of it.

Just when I decide my car isn't worth ad much as I thought it was, something like this comes along and I don't feel so bad about the value I thought it was. Glad I don't have to sell anything I don't want to.

What ever the over all outcome of price,condition etc,,,,,,,,,,cool car.
If that was the exact car I was looking for I would be down there with a wad of cash and a defense weapon of some kind.

What ever the over all outcome of price,condition etc,,,,,,,,,,cool car.
If that was the exact car I was looking for I would be down there with a wad of cash and a defense weapon of some kind.
I like the car too, it's the type of car that got me into these C bodies, not the creampuff stone stockers. Something with a little more attitude. I like and appreciate the stock cars, this is what really draws me in. It would be a fun one, and it would get driven!

I'd love a 66 (or 65) Fury one day... a semi ratty looking one, even. Unfortunately, (aside from money) I hopped in the wife's standard the other day to run down to the store n ole GJS's clutch knee is no longer up to the task.
41 years old ... jeezz.

Couldn't even clean up the interior a bit before asking $10k?

Grunge Rod = WYSIWYG

I think the grunge on the seats is permanent, now the leaves... guess the vac is broke down at the coin wash.

A little over the top with red in the engine bay, I guess to go along with the MSD color coordination.
SCRATCH.HEAD.WHITE.jpg

Love the shift knob so I'm in!

:thumbsup:

I spoke to the seller last night, and for a couple of night time pictures, I'm hoping to get some daytime pictures this weekend.

He said the seats were baked from the sun, not dirt. Engine was rebuilt nine years ago to stock specs, with the 5000 miles added since. Mileage on the car is mid-high 7X,XXX's, I don't recall the exact number he mentioned. The original shifter handle had the reverse wire break at the T handle, and he still has it. Bought the Hurst shifter handle and said it shifts very smooth, very nice. Car has shorty headers with mufflers dumping before the axle. Said it has a nice sound, not tinny, they aren't Flowmasters. The passenger quarter is the only area of decay that he could think of, otherwise it's Patina. Said the interior is in good condition, seat backs are good. Again, he gave me some pictures when I asked, and it was still 9:45 at night. Nice guy if anyone is interested in the car. I didn't ask what the lowest he will go is, as I won't be a player in this one, but it's my style of car.

Fender tag

IMG_0540~2.jpg

576124398.jpg

576124335.jpg

576124269.jpg

576124242.jpg

576124307.jpg

576124468.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back