WANTED 1967-1968 c body front bumper drivers side rubber filler or gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched to the ends of the earth to find some in better shape than mine. I had to rebuild mine for my ‘68 Polara. They are different between the C-bodies if I recall correctly. Good luck with your search.

I cleaned my old one by soaking in ammonia which is supposed to soften and refresh the rubber. At least that’s what the internet said.
Then I hand sanded the rubber to make sure there were no ridges on the cracks. Then a number of coats of spray on PlastICoat. Let it dry and re sand. Eventually the cracks all filled in. If I could have found a good rubber crack filler it would have saved some time. I think I also coated them with Plasticote UV protector clear coat.

This is what they look like 4 years later. Some little dimples, but you need to be looking for them
image.jpg
image.jpg

You may need to be specific whether or not it is for a Dodge or Chrysler ( not used on Plymouth or Chrysler 300 in ‘68)

Different p/n Dodge and Chrysler

Filler, bumper -Section 13-64-22 in the parts manual

i cleaned the pass side up but it was missing the drivers side. am putting a better front bumper on. i have some garage door bottom seal i think i can make one up, be better than having that big gap there.

You may stumble across one. Good luck.

You may need to be specific whether or not it is for a Dodge or Chrysler ( not used on Plymouth or Chrysler 300 in ‘68)

Different p/n Dodge and Chrysler

Filler, bumper -Section 13-64-22 in the parts manual
newport the one in my photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back