1967 Chrysler 300 bought for and owned by Walter P Chrysler's granddaughter

chrysler_fan

Reaction score
One-Owner 1967 Chrysler 300 Convertible I don't know if you saw this today or not. I happened upon it. The yellow 1967 Chrysler 300 was supposedly ordered for and owned until recently by Walter P Chrysler's granddaughter. It is not as heavily optioned as I might have thought but maybe she liked things more simple (not tilt and tele, electric windows, FM radio, etc) It does have manual AC though. Will be interesting to watch the auction go

i've got it's twin 67 300 rag in process now , how cool is that .

DSC03371.JPG

DSC03373.JPG

DSC03374.JPG

DSC03376.JPG

DSC03377.JPG

DSC03382.JPG

DSC03388[1].JPG

DSC03390[1].JPG

DSC03395[1].JPG

DSC03400[1].JPG

Interesting read, thx.
I see she traded in a yellow '64 convertible for this one.... she certainly hung on to this one!!

Check out all the receipt pictures! A lot of money was forked out for that restoration!

Shouldn't the radiator support and inner fender wells be body color? Aftermarket stereo under dash but they went with original bias ply tires? Why not upgrade them also

Check out all the receipt pictures! A lot of money was forked out for that restoration!
Maybe I missed the more detailed explanation but in reading the article about her car, it indicates the restoration folks nearly had to dig the car out of the dirt . I would think the frame would have been rusted away. Not sure why she let it go to such disrepair and then obviously spent huge amounts to restore it when it might only have a cap on value other than the Chrysler heritage.

Shouldn't the radiator support and inner fender wells be body color? Aftermarket stereo under dash but they went with original bias ply tires? Why not upgrade them also
My 68 300 (albeit not original car) had body color radiator support. Not sure if these folks made a mistake or if she did not want body color shining through the grille and chose to have it black instead. I also cannot see in any of the pictures I noted that there is a fender support / fender tag. It would be a shame to not have that go with the car. Maybe I just did not see it. Could any of you see the support data tag anywhere?

They did paint the core support yellow, when they did the blackout they painted the top. In some of the pictures you can see the backside is yellow.

Fuel line under the car was painted over?

Alan

Pretty car. However, the VIN starts with CM27K73, which is how the VIN of my '67 300 starts. The ad claims the 375hp 440, but K in the VIN denotes the standard 350hp 440 and not the special order 8, 375hp 440 (despite what the service manual says). Not being picky; just another example of caveat emptor or buyer beware.

My 68 300 (albeit not original car) had body color radiator support. Not sure if these folks made a mistake or if she did not want body color shining through the grille and chose to have it black instead. I also cannot see in any of the pictures I noted that there is a fender support / fender tag. It would be a shame to not have that go with the car. Maybe I just did not see it. Could any of you see the support data tag anywhere?
Looked at the photos, couldn't spot it either :confused:

Answer from the seller: 'That’s a great question, and one I don’t have an answer for? I left a message with Totally Autos of Feasterville, Pa, and I am hoping to hear back from them. For some reason I cannot find the fender tag on this car'.

They painted the TOP of the core support black along with the front, the back is yellow.

Alan

Here are 2 from my garage. To anyone interested it will be in the main gallery of the AACA Museum in Hershey for six months on exhibit in the main gallery as part of the upcoming professional car exhibit beginning in May.

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

To anyone interested it will be in the main gallery of the AACA Museum in Hershey for six months on exhibit in the main gallery as part of the upcoming professional car exhibit beginning in May.
I often include a trip through the museum as part of going to Chryslers at Carlisle. I may have to do that again this year!

BTW, to anyone going to Carlisle, the museum is less than 45 minutes away and really needs to be taken in.

I would add - that if any Cbody folks are headed to or near Hershey and it works with my schedule I be happy to walk them thru my storage buildings. I have a respectable cross section of C body cars/Letter cars/Imperials/Exner-Engel era Chrysler Corp products (and trucks - KT Keller era)

IMG_2690.jpeg

IMG_2483.jpeg

IMG_0498.jpeg

IMG_0380.jpeg

IMG_4927.jpeg

IMG_1275.jpeg

Back