1967 Chrysler 300 Door Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is all fixable.

We discussed it before on the drydock:
How many Hi impact colour Polara CVs are out there? How many have a t-code 440?

The rust can be handeld, a solid parts car might be neede though to make it easier.

it is all fixable.

We discussed it before on the drydock:
How many Hi impact colour Polara CVs are out there? How many have a t-code 440?

The rust can be handeld, a solid parts car might be neede though to make it easier.

Answer is easy, one. Just one high impact Polara convertible.

Parts car ? Sure? Fixable? Everything is fixable. But at what price and extreme will someone go to? No one on the planet loves them more than I. The only way to repair that car is with a two hundred thousand dollar bill. OR a lot of spare time and a pocket full of thousand dollar bills.

I know what you mean.

If it would be a Hemi Daytona it would be fixed quickly but it isn't.

But then: I wonder why it is so expensive to do bodywork in the US. I mean genuine metalwork, not using bondo.

Heck, on my 69 300 we welded all floors, trunk, trunk extensions, rear extension, inner&outer wheelwells, lower quarters, rockers, front fenders and the front valance. We spent 150 hours of welding alone. But I have done it with buddies.

Had several cars were we did framework, including my 70 Polara CV. It had an accident early in its life, got poorly repaired and the frame war cracked again behind the welding seams from the old repair. We (my buddy Andre) constructet it all new and the first 15 inches of both front frame rails got replaced. Fixing rust is not magic

See, my white car has a bent frame which was the big stumbling block on the car. I had the trunk pan replaced and the guy did a horrible job. I cant leave it in there knowing its wrong so it'll have to come out.

I have/had a friend that has been a welder for thirty years, he's afraid to touch the car because he doesnt want to "mess up". He builds tanks .......oil and water tanks........

building tanks isn't really the metalwork I meant. Handmade craftsmenship seems to be rarely found in the US

In all fairness I have seen some of the work done there and much of it isnt that good either, but the effort is there. I understand building tanks is not body work but if you have been welding for thirty years, you have a pretty good idea what not to do.

yes, but the major task is not just the "welding itself". It is being able to take straight metal and form it the way how it should look like finally. It is to produce the patch/repairpanel

Of course it is also a lot of work to open up correctly the old welding points to remove the rusty metal and then weld the repair panel in correctly with the same spots

Obviously, and I trust that individual to do that kind of work.......... and for the same reasons I wouldnt touch it..I dont trust myself.

I dont want "fabricated" panels on my car, only original panels would go on it

I know what you mean about fabricatet panels. They are simply not mopar. I don't like it myself. Just on the cheap cars I can justify it seeing the cost/price relation.

That is why I meant the EV2 CV needs a solid parts car for the frame pieces etc

I have seen so many projects like these get started with half assed work and then stop because they are in over their head.

Great question Bob, it took a hard punch in the face at some point in its life. Most of the 1970 polara convertibles I know of were hit

but Dave what is the solution?

Letting it sit til
-you are abale to fix it yourself
-you have enough money to restore it and are willing to spent it?
-you die?

You know what Fred, I will never be able to afford to buy another car, I need to keep what I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back