1967 convertible polara door interchange?

The Mechanic

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me for sure if a 1967 Dodge Polara 2 door fast top door will fit on a 1967 Dodge Polara convertible? I have been getting mixed answers from the few people I have asked, so I thought I would ask the experts.

If it is a hardtop door, the basic door shell should be the same. Usually the convertibles have a different frame for the door glass and the vent wing, so that would need to be moved from the convertible door. The convertibles also have a sliding block on the door pillar and a block striker above the latch mechanism that part needs to be installed on the hardtop door. You would also need to check the door glass to see if it is the same as some door glass applications have a notch at the top where the glass engages the vent wing frame.

Dave

The sheet metal door shells are the same but the vent window and glass may be different.

Thanks for the info guys! I thought the actual door shell might be the same but its good to have confirmation, and I didn't even think about the convertible having the sliding block and block striker. Do you know if the sliding block and block striker are bolt in items on the hardtop doors?

Thanks for the info guys! I thought the actual door shell might be the same but its good to have confirmation, and I didn't even think about the convertible having the sliding block and block striker. Do you know if the sliding block and block striker are bolt in items on the hardtop doors?

Yes. If you look at the side of the hardtop door, there will usually be two punch marks in the sheet metal. Those marks are present on all hard top doors and all convertible doors. Those two divots are used to locate the striker for the sliding block on convertible doors, it was easier for the factory to just mark them all since the shells were the same.

Dave

That's great news! So I have another question... is 1967 and 1968 Polara and Monaco door shells all interchange or is it just 67 to 67 and just Polara to Polara?

That's great news! So I have another question... is 1967 and 1968 Polara and Monaco door shells all interchange or is it just 67 to 67 and just Polara to Polara?

Stay with a Polara door, the trim lines are different on the Monaco. Probably want to also stay with the '67 door for the same reason.

Dave

Those doors will interchange, but, as mentioned, the glass, vent frame, as well as the all the trim and interior panels will be different between models and years.

Back