For Sale 1967 Galaxie 500 2 dr.hdtp. 6700. berthoud Co. my old car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCRig

Reaction score
Contact seller
speaking of galaxie's this is my old car,I had a couple yrs. back... Painted the hood and the grille, also painted the stainless/chrome on the side of the car black, and put white pinstripe where there was chrome, the antenna on the rear fender is a rare option. Oh ya changed out the windshield, what a PITA.Obviously he is a bit more optimistic on the price of the car[high], though it is a nice color combo. http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/4827322914.html
00x0x_cbbJcdz5qBx_600x450.jpg
00G0G_dEZ7EiQtj1E_600x450.jpg
00k0k_a4AO2V7y6tC_600x450.jpg
00S0S_lvOoFcOZod_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
The 67 Galaxie is my favorite Ford, with the 64 Galaxie 2nd and the 70 Torino being third

Dad had a blue one when I was a kid. I was so close to being a Ford guy its frightening. Either way, it was gonna be a big car

67 is my favorite year as well from that era. But These safety steering wheel Centers used all over the FoMoCo cars in this year were a fail designwise.

Edit: 68 I meant, the XL with the hidden headlights. Messing up These model years all the time.

they didn't comply with the government regs. in 67, as far as the collapsible steering wheel so the 67 models came up with this instead,but note the floating gas pedal,long before mopar,had it.

"no sweat" cm23uoc, 68's are nice too. Horizontal headlights,big back window, last year of the fastback, and the 119" wheelbase, in 69 ford went to a 121" platform, as well as a tunnel window, much like the 68-70 chargers,also pontiacs and oldsmobiles.
ford-galaxie-500xl-fastback-04.jpg

There was also a coupe roofline available on 2-door Fords and Mercurys in 1969-70.
007.jpg

I think I have also seen 2-door '68 Fords with a non-fastback roof, of course, convertibles were available too.

that's what ford called the formal roof available on full size fords. LTD.'s were formals as well as the custom custom 500, and the torino/fairlane had a formal and sportroof option. also. that car looks familiar where is it?

speaking of galaxie's this is my old car,I had a couple yrs. back... Painted the hood and the grille, also painted the stainless/chrome on the side of the car black, and put white pinstripe where there was chrome, the antenna on the rear fender is a rare option. Obviously he is a bit more optimistic on the price of the car[high], though it is a nice color combo. http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/4827322914.html
00x0x_cbbJcdz5qBx_600x450.jpg
00G0G_dEZ7EiQtj1E_600x450.jpg
00k0k_a4AO2V7y6tC_600x450.jpg
00S0S_lvOoFcOZod_600x450.jpg

I like it!

I don't know very much about the '67 and '68. I own a '70 Mercury Meteor which is basically the same car as a '70 Galaxie, just different sheet metal, it even has a Galaxie dash. Mechanically, they're virtually the same. A buddy of mine had a '69 Galaxie that I helped him wrench on. Another buddy had a '63 and a '64.

that's what ford called the formal roof available on full size fords. LTD.'s were formals as well as the custom custom 500, and the torino/fairlane also. that car looks familiar where is it?

I don't know where the car is. I just googled "images of '70 Galaxie" and this car was among the pics.

that car was for sale in denver couple yrs. back, on c-list, nice lookin 70. you can tell by the taillights.:icon_rambo:

Ford really had some great looking cars, I like every one pictured in this thread.

looks very nice but a 302 engine is really a low performer.
Not good in a heavy full size car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back