For Sale 1967 Galaxie 500 2 dr.hdtp. 6700. berthoud Co. my old car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a car that looks like that I'd be fine with the 302 as long as it keeps up with traffic.

The 67 Galaxie is my favorite Ford, with the 64 Galaxie 2nd and the 70 Torino being third

Dad had a blue one when I was a kid. I was so close to being a Ford guy its frightening. Either way, it was gonna be a big car

Pretty much on par with Dave on this.

I've stated my Galixie/Torino and Fairlane love before

I was looking for my first car and was having a lot of trouble finding a 68 or 9 Road Runner and came close t buying a 68 Torino GT I came across

Sort of like the 318 in our cars? Depends on what you want to do with the car. Just cruising it's perfect. Stop light show downs and the track forget it.

you are right Fred.

It has also to do with everyones personal preferences and performance expectations.
I had once a 318 car (1970 Coronet 500) and hated it for being extremly slow.
I don't like the 383-2 either as it has not enough torque in my opinion.
One reason why five of my fuselages are 440 cars
But as said everyone has different opinion or feeling of "underpowered" or not

if it's good enough for joe,it's good enough for me.

hpd-dragnet.jpg

Ford really had some great looking cars, I like every one pictured in this thread.
The Fords of that era are a little to quirky looking to me, but I have always liked the Mercurys of that era, especially the Maurader.

Is this a North of the border car. I am not familiar with this model name.
Yes, the Mercury Meteor Montcalm and Rideau were built for the Canadian market. My car is a Rideau 500, powered by a 351W 2V which is actually quite adequate for normal city and highway driving. I'm not planning to do any performance mods to the engine. She could use some body and paint but, all in all, is in reasonable condition for an unrestored 45 year old car.

It's a 4-door sedan with the bright trim around the side windows.

Here's a Rideau 500 2-door Hardtop.
autowp.ru_mercury_meteor_rideau_500_2-door_hardtop_2.jpg

Ford must have been trying to confuse us. :laughing7:

Meteors were built in Canada until 1961. Then, during '62 and '63, Meteors were sold in the USA but, they were not full-size cars. AIUI, full-size Meteors were then built in Canada again from '64 until around '74 or so. Here's the '61.
3214918803_7de2d46805.jpg

th

never seen fins angle through the taillights before, very cool!:icon_rr:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back