SOLD 1967 Imperial convertible in Metro Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dart165

Reaction score
Contact seller
Putting my 1967 Imperial Convertible up for sale. Pardon the wordy description, but I'd rather over describe so that folks can be informed.

This is a super rare car, with only 577 produced for the model year. "Plum Red Metallic red" exterior with a silver leather interior. On top of imperials already being pretty well-appointed, this particular car was ordered with up-priced options such as power locks, power vent windows, headrests, am/fm touch tune stereo with power antenna, rear speaker, factory A/C, passenger side mirror, power seats, tinted glass, Tilt/Telescopic steering wheel, and a factory sure-grip rear. Originally sold in Hollywood Ca, the car made its way down to Phoenix and was there until the 90's when it came up to Michigan. The exterior of the car was restored in the at some point, and the shop who performed the work did a poor job of prep work. As a result, the paint, and bodywork is lifting in areas around the car. The floors appear solid from underneath with only one patch and a small spot of rust-through that I can see (see pic). The car was undercoated which is peeling off now, but what I can see of the floors are predominantly good. I don't have a lift, but I've done what i can to get decent pics by jacking it up. There are areas that need attention/bodywork once you get into it like the lower quarters and some spots on the front fenders (see pics), but the body looks pretty solid/straight. The interior is in nice shape, with the silver seats showing well. The driver's seat has 2 tears on the upper side bolster but otherwise, the seats, carpet, and dash are nice. The white leather roof is older and looks tired, though there are no holes or leaks and the rear window is good, along with all the rest of the glass. All the power options seem to work, with only one (dr rear window) being hit or miss and the power locks being even less reliable, so I don't mess with trying my luck.
The 440 was rebuilt in '99, and the owner at that time spent a lot of money on mechanical maintenance (I have a binder with thousands of dollars in receipts for the car) The car idles smoothly and runs well and shifts/stops, but I've only driven it locally since I don't have it registered/insured. When I bought it, it had a 90's security system, which I removed, though there's a kill switch under the ignition on the dash that shuts power to the coil which I've left in.

This is a super rare car, that definitely deserves the attention of a restoration, or could be gone through fairly quick if you know these old barges to be driven and enjoyed as-is. The car photographs well, but it's a 20 footer, as the clearcoat is thin/peeling in places and the evidence of the poor prep work on the car shows in the lower quarters and around the car. That said, aside from what you can see in the pics, it's pretty straight. Personally, I would love to restore it, but there are too many other projects in the pipeline so I'm not going to be able to get to it.

I need the space more than I need any other cars, and cash is king, …but might entertain a trade or partial trade and cash if you have something worth me having to sleep on the couch for dragging home. (unlikely though, as my couch isn't very comfortable)

$9900 or best offer

IMG_1633.jpg
IMG_1635.jpg
IMG_1638.jpg
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1625.jpg
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1630.jpg
IMG_1631.jpg
IMG_1646.jpg
IMG_1628.jpg

Last edited:
Putting my 1967 Imperial Convertible up for sale. Pardon the wordy description, but I'd rather over describe it than have anyone experience what i have in the past as a buyer falling victim to a intentionally vague description, only to be surprised (and not always in a good way) by the car itself.

This is a super rare car, with only 577 produced for the model year. "Plum Red Metallic red" exterior with a silver leather interior. On top of imperials already being pretty well-appointed, this particular car was ordered with up-priced options such as power locks, power vent windows, headrests, am/fm touch tune stereo with power antenna, rear speaker, factory A/C, passenger side mirror, power seats, tinted glass, Tilt/Telescopic steering wheel, and a factory sure-grip rear. Originally sold in Hollywood Ca, the car made its way down to Phoenix and was there until the 90's when it came up to Michigan. The exterior of the car was restored in the at some point, and the shop who performed the work did a poor job of prep work. As a result, the paint, and bodywork is lifting in areas around the car. The floors appear solid from underneath with only one patch and a small spot of rust-through that I can see (see pic). The car was undercoated which is peeling off now, but what I can see of the floors are predominantly good. I don't have a lift, but I've done what i can to get decent pics by jacking it up. There are areas that need attention/bodywork once you get into it like the lower quarters and some spots on the front fenders (see pics), but the body looks pretty solid/straight. The interior is in nice shape, with the silver seats showing well. The driver's seat has 2 tears on the upper side bolster but otherwise, the seats, carpet, and dash are nice. The white leather roof is older and looks tired, though there are no holes or leaks and the rear window is good, along with all the rest of the glass. All the power options seem to work, with only one (dr rear window) being hit or miss and the power locks being even less reliable, so I don't mess with trying my luck.
The 440 was rebuilt in '99, and the owner at that time spent a lot of money on mechanical maintenance (I have a binder with thousands of dollars in receipts for the car) The car idles smoothly and runs well and shifts/stops, but I've only driven it locally since I don't have it registered/insured. When I bought it, it had a 90's security system, which I removed, though there's a kill switch under the ignition on the dash that shuts power to the coil which I've left in.

This is a super rare car, that definitely deserves the attention of a restoration, or could be gone through fairly quick if you know these old barges to be driven and enjoyed as-is. The car photographs well, but it's a 20 footer, as the clearcoat is thin/peeling in places and the evidence of the poor prep work on the car shows in the lower quarters and around the car. That said, aside from what you can see in the pics, it's pretty straight. Personally, I would love to restore it, but there are too many other projects in the pipeline so I'm not going to be able to get to it.

I need the space more than I need any other cars, and cash is king, …but might entertain a trade or partial trade and cash if you have something worth me having to sleep on the couch for dragging home. (unlikely though, as my couch isn't very comfortable)

$9900 or best offer

View attachment 546076View attachment 546077View attachment 546078View attachment 546079View attachment 546080View attachment 546081View attachment 546082View attachment 546083View attachment 546086View attachment 546087
Phone number removed for your internet security.

Hey Chris, how about the fender tag?

Where is that large rust spot located on the exterior?
That's on the pass side of the hood. some of the paint lifted, and moisture got underneath and lifted more. It looks worse than it is since I pulled a large chunk off to make sure that metal underneath was good, which is is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back