WANTED 1967 or 1968 Town&Country wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TownAndcountrywagon

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a 1967 or 1968 Town&Country wagon. Prefer rust free . Will look at all restorable or restored wagons available until I find what I’m searching for . Must haves include: 9 pass wagon, factory optioned 440 engine (not one that’s been swapped) , factory A/C. I prefer wagons loaded with more options than this but I need at least these 3 to be considered . Thank you for your time .

I'd say that one needs to be saved.

We have a lot of members in California, so if you need someone local to help out, don't be shy about posting a help needed add.

Don't put it in "General Discussion" as those posts don't make it to the home page. I would put it in the "Slab side" section.

Jeff

Thank you for the advice on the help in California. I am a ways away so I may very well reach out. I would like to save this wagon. Thank you for the help and advice

Pretty nice looking 68 T/C...9 passenger, rear grab handles, rear steps, rear window washer system...and I bet it has power windows, disc brakes, A/C, maybe power seat, etc. Had a roof rack but is gone now....and I know you want a 440...but even if this has a 383 I'd be all over it.

20EC4B1B-B1FC-45E5-8518-FD2A8E346752.jpeg
I’m going to let the professionals tell me the size of the engine. He says 440. And has factory A/C . Not sure if it has rear A/C. Wondering how you knew it has the rear window washer ? I’m not familiar enough to know .

You can tell it has rear washer because of the round chrome filler on the tailgate (drivers side) only seen on rear washer wagons.

It does appear to be a loaded car.

I see auto pilot, auto temp control A/C, it might have a power antenna.

Not sure on the brakes. Looks like it has a disc brake booster with a drum brake master cylinder.

Can't tell which engine from that shot. Need to see if there is a flat ID pad underneath the A/C compressor.

The VIN will tell you what engine it came from the factory with. The car looks very unmolested under the hood, so it's likely to still have it's original engine. It still has the aluminum strap holding the two heater hoses together.

Jeff

. Pretty well optioned car, with a manual drivers mirror. Same as the 27k mile 68 I bought a few years back.

20200907_193038.jpg

View attachment 504515 I’m going to let the professionals tell me the size of the engine. He says 440. And has factory A/C . Not sure if it has rear A/C. Wondering how you knew it has the rear window washer ? I’m not familiar enough to know .

Get the VIN number and a pic of the fender tag and we can tell you how it was optioned out. But with all those options I would think it most likely is a 440 car....has a hitch on it as well so probably pulled a trailer back in the day so a 440 might have been selected for this purpose.

I'm a 68 T/C owner myself...;)

XKBpmNeh.jpg

aRj7ln8h.jpg

Originally ordered, 6 Passenger, 440, dual exhaust, A/C, PS, power drums brakes, White with a Blue bench interior. I rebuilt the front suspension, converted to 73 C-body disc brakes, and modern A/C components under the hood. 67K original miles when I bought it...sitting at 78K now I think, and one repaint back in the 80's.

What beautiful town and country wagons those are . I am in the process of trying to save the sovereign gold town and country as I write this. I will send photos and further details as soon as im able . Im so grateful for everyone’s help and advice. Looking forward to getting the car at least back on the road and then work from there

So I’m still trying to save this wagon. I had the car looked at by a very knowledgeable mopar enthusiast. Car is solid and appears to be all there including the roof rack which has been removed but he has. The car is non running and hasn’t been started or moved since 2009. There is no real clear explanation from him why it has not been used, started, etc. front seat was recovered in poor fashion probably due to wear. (It’s not black ) like the rest of interior. The car does have some optional equipment as pointed out by others here but where my thinking gets fuzzy is that he is further apart on price than I am. I’m hoping someone can shed some light on what this wagon may be worth in (non running) condition with no clear explanation of why it’s been off the road since 2009. I have seen other wagons of this year and condition that run that don’t bring the price he is thinking this is worth. I’m not trying to steal the car just save it and restore it. Need some more qualified opinions if this is possible . Will post some additional photos .

Obviously the big gamble is the fact its not running. Best case scenario, it was parked because it was a gas guzzler. If the guy could put fuel in the carb and video it briefly running I'd say it's worth somewhere $3k-$5k (provided it's as clean as you've mentioned and doesn't need rust repair). But if you can't prove it's mechanically sound, you might as well consider the engine/trans to both be in need of a rebuild. In which case I'd estimate it's worth between $1k-$3k...then again, provided it's really as clean as you're led to believe.
Best of luck!

Blimp says $3-5
Big mopar Jeff says 2500-3000
Sgt fury says 440 with a trailer hitch. He is correct it is a 440 (vin is k) axle code off of fender tag shows number 4 I’m not an expert yet on axle codes for that year and code so someone will let me know what it is . He has a cash offer on the table that exceeds what big mopar Jeff suggested and near the high end of what blimp suggested. Hard to explain to some folks a “running when parked “ vehicle that has sat for 12-13 years isn’t made of gold even though the factory painted it that color. Sure it has a lot of great factory options but a lot of unknowns. Just not worth what he thinks it is. I’ve been more than fair with my all cash offer . And I can say while I’m new here this group has a great bunch of mopar folks. Everyone has been great to offer their opinion and advice freely. It’s greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back