For Sale 1967 Plymouth Fury III (Blue Moose)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Horvaths

Young man with a cowboy hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi folks,
It is with a heavy heart that I've decided to list the Blue Moose for sale. This was my first car and I have been through a lot in it. This is the car that started my love of mechanics. My hope is that somebody with the same passion for C bodies that I have will pick this thing up and turn it back into the beautiful car it once was. Unfortunately, with all my other projects and with my imminent return to school, I simply have let this car sit for too long, rarely drive it, haven't worked on it, and don't really have time to. My original plan was to drop a 505 in the car, but it makes a great cruiser as is, and I feel that I would ruin it. It's time for somebody new to love this car for what it is.
The Good:
-Interior is driver quality, with minor tears in the seat. I rebuilt and repainted the dash myself, but recently the clock has stopped working.
-Rebuilt A/C box. There is a thread about it somewhere
-Rebuilt 727 by Jeff at Plano Auto Transmission
-383 Big Block Car (Originally a 318 car)
-Good cylinder compression
-American Racing Torque Thrust 2's with a spare
-New Headlights
-Front disc brakes
-Updated sound system
The Bad:
- Minor surface rust and dings on the passenger side rocker (from the jerk who towed my car back from Ohio, if you want things done right do them yourself) and minor bubbling (quarter sized) on the passenger side quarter.
-A/C currently does not work. Not sure why. I'm sure it would be fairly easy for an A/C shop to get it working again.
-Paint on passenger side is a 20 footer. I repainted it at one point, however the paint got ruined by my neighbors mowing the lawn. It doesn't look great but it's not awful.
-Tears in seats
-Suspension could stand to be rebuilt
-It hasn't really been driven for two years (minus a few trips to the gas station).
-Power steering box leaks slowly. I've always just added fluid as it needed it.
That's all I can think of at the moment. I will add more as/if it comes to mind. Feel free to ask me questions about the car, or if there is anything specific you'd like to see that is not pictured let me know. This car was my daily driver for years. The car would make a great driver as it sits with minor work. Again, I truly hope an enthusiast or very lucky first time driver gets this car and cares for it as much as I used to.
Price: I am negotiable on price to the right buyer, however I ask that you send respectable offers via the in-site PM function. The buy it now price is $5,000. I am willing to ship or possibly even deliver the car myself. Located in Dallas, TX.
Pictures Before:
Mooswe.jpg
BlueMoose&I.jpg
BlueMoose.jpg

As it sits:
IMG_20190925_101854.jpg
IMG_20190925_101906.jpg
IMG_20190925_101919.jpg
IMG_20190925_101926.jpg
IMG_20190925_101937.jpg
IMG_20190925_102004.jpg
IMG_20190925_102026.jpg

Cont next page

Last edited:
I’m pretty real sure that I put a fuse on the clock. As battery ran down, they’d draw current because they’d get to a point where there wasn’t enough energy to kick the mechanism over. The fuse was to keep it from killing itself.

AC should be an easy fix. I might have time to look at it.

This car is a great driver. We drove it to the East coast and back. It scoots, too.

- dad

I’m pretty real sure that I put a fuse on the clock. As battery ran down, they’d draw current because they’d get to a point where there wasn’t enough energy to kick the mechanism over. The fuse was to keep it from killing itself.

AC should be an easy fix. I might have time to look at it.

This car is a great driver. We drove it to the East coast and back. It scoots, too.

- dad

Dylan has fixed the AC himself. - dad

Car is still available. Make me an offer. The worst I can say is "no".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back