1967 Sport Fury Convertible Factory "H" Code 383 4bbl Restoration

conv 22.jpeg
conv 23.jpeg
conv 24.jpeg
conv 25.jpeg

conv 26.jpeg

Great progress Eric. Gees - you would never know there were imperfections until you zoom in on the photos. Still a great car even with.

Great progress Eric. Gees - you would never know there were imperfections until you zoom in on the photos. Still a great car even with.

Thank you Ron, we appreciate that. Yeah the car is a good 10 maybe 20 footer and looked good at those distances, especially in the right light but if you got real close the imperfections would show. The car is actually at our body and paint guy as we speak, it was dropped off a few weeks ago. More to come on that soon.....

Hi folks,

its been awhile since I posted progress on the ole convertible project, I been busy with work and other projects around the house lately. Still with the loss of the cat ain't really helpin' either, anyway here are more disassembly pictures from March 31st to April 1st 2021.....
conv trim 1.jpeg
conv trim 2.jpeg
conv int 1.jpeg
conv int 2.jpeg
conv trunk 1.jpeg
conv trunk 2.jpeg
conv trunk 3.jpeg
conv trunk 4.jpeg
conv trunk 5.jpeg
conv int 3.jpeg

More, notice the original yellow paint where the hood insulation was in the 3rd and 5th pictures.....
conv int 4.jpeg
conv spare.jpeg
conv hood 1.jpeg
conv engine 1.jpeg
conv hood 2.jpeg
conv engine 2.jpeg
conv engine 3.jpeg
conv engine 4.jpeg
conv ant.jpeg
conv parts.jpeg

Nice progress on a clean car. My thought..... Go back to the original color. Blue is not really a convertible color, unless with white interior and top. JMHO

Nice progress on a clean car. My thought..... Go back to the original color. Blue is not really a convertible color, unless with white interior and top. JMHO

Thank you very much for the compliment Will, while it is tempting to go back to original and paint the car the original color yellow my stepdad already has his mind made up on the blue. That's one of the reasons he bought it in the first place, he loves the blue because he wanted something different. I think Bill (@FURYGT) can probably vouch for me on this as he has known my stepdad a long time, once he has his mind made up you can rarely change it. I too like the yellow with a white top but I like the car like this below, A LOT more too though. To me yellow is ok but it's not really too eye catching as blue.
conv 7.jpeg

Back at it again, more disassembly April 2nd 2021. This will be the last of the disassembly process, now it's time to drive the car up to our body and paint guy!.....
conv 1.jpeg
conv 2.jpeg
conv 3.jpeg
conv 4.jpeg
conv 5.jpeg
conv 6.jpeg

Now that the disassembly is done and over with, now it's time to drive the car up to our body and paint guy! This happened on April 5th. Thank you very much to Rob or @1968Chryslers on here for picking us up and bringing us back home.....
conv 1.jpeg
conv 2.jpeg
conv 3.jpeg
conv 4.jpeg
conv 5.jpeg
conv 6.jpeg

We arrived at our body and paint guys house with the car! Here are some final pictures of it before we say goodbye for awhile with the back bumper and taillights off it.....
conv 7.jpeg
conv 8.jpeg
conv 9.jpeg

Great Photos Eric! Appreciate that you are documenting the restoration of this car.

Thanks Bill, I appreciate that. I try my best at the pictures and try to take as many as I could. I figured since it's a factory big block Hi-Po, AC, PW, PB car it's worth documenting and I figure everyone would enjoy it. Hope you continue to follow the thread

I'm back with a bit of updates on the ol' convertible project, after a month from bringing the car to our body and paint guy it is finally getting somewhere. Body sanding has finally begun. This picture was taken May 7th......

Marty 1.jpg

Back