1967 Sport Fury Restoration for my Daughter

67Furyvert

Reaction score
Although it is almost done I thought I would post some pics from when we got it through some of the hard work through where we are today

P6270352.jpg

P6270353.jpg

P6270357.jpg

P6270356.jpg

undercarriage

stripped front and rear components, re-plated, powder coated and replaced all wear parts, brakes, shocks, bearings, bushings, ball joints, etc

P7240407.jpg

P7240387.jpg

P7240373.jpg

P7240379.jpg

motor reseal

car had 43000 original miles..motor ran great. did valve job, new oil pump and re-sealed with complete gasket set (i know not original color but couldn't resist!)

P8280490.jpg

P8290508.jpg

P8290511.jpg

convertible top

Originally bought a Robbins top but it didn't fit correctly, They were kind enough to take it back (kept the glass rear window) and Chris Urbina form Quality Landau hand stitched the top. He also hand formed new wood bows..true olde world craftsmanship!

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

Bringing it home after body work and top completion

Boy does it look and drive a lot different today (01/11) than it did when we brought it home Oct 2010

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

Final exterior trim assembly

last weekend I put all the emblems on the car and then installed the rally wheel center caps (had to drill two additional holes for them) and trim rings on the 17" late model steel wheels. I bought these to clear the 70" wagon disc brakes I put on the car

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

Nice car, love the color combo. That's one of my favorite blues. Is that the final location of your exhaust? Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't it have gotten tucked up in between the frame rail and the tank with a turn down at the end?
just saw that this is for your daughter, lucky girl!

This is the exhaust that was on the car old but in great condition. Dual with cherry bombs. Will replace down the road. I do have a couple chrome tips to place on for now.

Amazing job. Not enough kudos can go out to you for it being the "First Mopar Ive worked on since high school".
I love it. The front suspension blows me away,

Amazing job. Not enough kudos can go out to you for it being the "First Mopar Ive worked on since high school".
I love it. The front suspension blows me away,

Thanks owned a 70 440 6 pack roadrunner but lost it (long story) in HS I also has a 67 Dart GT 383 car but never got it running...since then Ive done mostly Chevys and I am currently working on putting a 351 Windsor in a 70 maverick

Front suspension is stock upper and lower A arms with a 70 wagon (town and country??) spindle, rotoe and caliper. I used the proportioning valve of the TC also. Powder coated and put moog pars back in. Been a lot of fun but boy a lot more parts to go through than a Chevy!!! and costs bunches more!

Thanks for the feedback!

That Fury looks great! As soon as I saw the first picture in this thread I recognized it. Probably 3 or 4 years ago I went to Tucson with a buddy to pick up a 78 Magnum that he bought. It was from the same guy who had your Fury. I remember looking at the Fury and thinking it needed alot of work. Now it looks like your hard work has paid off! Good job.

Last edited:
Beautiful work. It makes me feel better about my upholster. I was going to buy a Robbins top for my '66 300, because I liked the one I had for my MGB. He wouldn't recommend the Robbins for my car he said he had problems in the past with fit on Mopar. I have never seen his convertible top work only his upholstery, so now I know he knows what he is talking about. For me there is nothing worse on a restored vert than an ill fitted top.

Thanks for sharing.

That Fury looks great! As soon as I saw the first picture in this thread I recognized it. Probably 3 or 4 years ago I went to Tucson with a buddy to pick up a 78 Magnum that he bought. It was from the same guy who had your Fury. I remember looking at the Fury and thinking it needed alot of work. Now it looks like your hard work has paid off! Good job.

Thanks it did, but it has been fun!

Beautiful work. It makes me feel better about my upholster. I was going to buy a Robbins top for my '66 300, because I liked the one I had for my MGB. He wouldn't recommend the Robbins for my car he said he had problems in the past with fit on Mopar. I have never seen his convertible top work only his upholstery, so now I know he knows what he is talking about. For me there is nothing worse on a restored vert than an ill fitted top.

Thanks for sharing.

A great craftsman is so valuable especially with the top. The fitment is so important to the finished look of the car!!

Thanks for the compliment!

Seeing all these super cool 67 and 68 plymouth c bodys makes me want keep mine. nice car man great work.

Back