WANTED 1968 - 197? small block 2-bbl throttle cable bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoPar~Man

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for small block (318 if it matters) LA 2-bbl throttle cable bracket. 1968 to 197? time frame I guess. This is what I have now:

1711119481634.png

This bracket has worked for a long time but the end of the shaft is too close to the valve cover so I'd like to get the correct bracket. I think this one was pieced together. I would / could re-use the U-arm so I don't necessarily need that part. I guess there is a bit of difference between a 2-bbl vs 4-bbl bracket (I've seen the pics) but they don't seem very significant and to me, either one would work.

If you have one, and you're in the US, I can pay using paypal, shipping address would be to Michigan. If you're in Canada, payment could be interac, shipping to Ontario.

Looking for small block (318 if it matters) LA 2-bbl throttle cable bracket. 1968 to 197? time frame I guess. This is what I have now:

View attachment 651513

This bracket has worked for a long time but the end of the shaft is too close to the valve cover so I'd like to get the correct bracket. I think this one was pieced together. I would / could re-use the U-arm so I don't necessarily need that part. I guess there is a bit of difference between a 2-bbl vs 4-bbl bracket (I've seen the pics) but they don't seem very significant and to me, either one would work.

If you have one, and you're in the US, I can pay using paypal, shipping address would be to Michigan. If you're in Canada, payment could be interac, shipping to Ontario.
Definitely looks like it was modified for some reason. I just got this one literally from a ‘69 318.

IMG_7387.jpeg
IMG_7388.jpeg
IMG_7389.jpeg
IMG_7390.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The kick-down arm currently on mine looks like this:

bk-3.jpg

So it's not the curved arm that I guess a small-block is supposed to have (as in Detmatt's photos). My '67 Monaco originally had a polysphere 318 so this could be why the bracket was modded.

BTW, those 3 holes on the arm and bracket will line up - but why? What are they for?

Also, I have these 2 brackets:

bk-1.jpg

The brackets seem identical, one has some extra stuff on it:

bk-2.jpg

No idea what that rod is for - it is bolted on but who-ever took it out cut it with a torch instead. Also cut what is I guess the throttle cable? It comes off at a crazy angle. The hole spacing on the bracket is shorter than for small-block.

I would trade these brackets for what I'm looking for, if anyone's interested.

detmatt

Do you have plans for the bracket in your photo?

BTW, those 3 holes on the arm and bracket will line up - but why? What are they for?
They for aligning the rods. You put a drill bit in the hole, so that you set the adjustable rod to the correct length for proper engagement.

Part 12 in the FSM diagram (3/16" rod for '66 models)

PXL_20240322_225933237~2.jpg

The kick-down arm currently on mine looks like this:

View attachment 651555

So it's not the curved arm that I guess a small-block is supposed to have (as in Detmatt's photos). My '67 Monaco originally had a polysphere 318 so this could be why the bracket was modded.

Also, I have these 2 brackets:

View attachment 651556

The brackets seem identical, one has some extra stuff on it:

View attachment 651557

No idea what that rod is for - it is bolted on but who-ever took it out cut it with a torch instead. Also cut what is I guess the throttle cable? It comes off at a crazy angle. The hole spacing on the bracket is shorter than for small-block.

I would trade these brackets for what I'm looking for, if anyone's interested.

detmatt

Do you have plans for the bracket in your photo?
It’s available for purchase.

Those 2 brackets that I posted above are for slant-6. They are available if anyone wants them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back