1968 300 440 TNT Newby Questions

It is a headlight hi beam sensor. It works great. Car does have every option. Lots of fun

Thanks for offering your help.
Top items on the needs list are a gas tank and filler neck, also needs some partial floor pans.
Let me know if you have anything of use.
gas tank and filler neck. is there, I can try to look inside. the car was parked with 60k on it, I aquired it in 2009, and has been in dry storage since but the front floors rusted completely out.PM me

Floor Pics of needed areas.

1Drivers Front_LI.jpg

1Drivers Under Seat_LI.jpg

1Pass Front_LI.jpg

1Pass Rear_LI.jpg

Hi Scott. I notice a weird white line at the top of the driver's door....is this a water line? Hopefully not.

Rest assured these fine gents on this site know their C-Body cars, and are ever helpful to us newbies. They have been invaluable to me and my '67 Newport.

Last edited:
Hi Scott. I notice a weird white line at the top of the driver's door....is this a water line? Hopefully not. Does this car run?

Rest assured these fine gents on this site know their C-Body cars, and are ever helpful to us newbies. They have been invaluable to me and my '67 Newport.
Hey Richard
The white line is the clear coat peeling off all the way around the top of the car. I have had some luck with the motor, it's been run a few short times. It has driven in and out of the shop once. Yes I too have gotten a tremendous amount of help from this group, great guys.

How is project going?
Well probably as expected it's been one issue after another needing fixin but it could be worse I suppose. Currently battling the cooling system, radiator repaired and replaced some freeze plugs. This week I'll finish bolting up the exhaust manifolds and testing out the cooling system. Maybe I can get back on the brakes and fix the trans line leak. I can't wait for the first cruise.

Is that cruise control under the hood near MC?
Yes it is cruise control. It looks like the version on my father's 71 Monaco. My 66 had a mechanical unit with no vacuum lines. It was a cause of a lawsuit against Chrysler for cars accelerating out of control in the 60's. I replaced mine with an electronic unit from Dakota Digital for that reason.

Knob looks like an aftermarket piece but in the correct location for the rear speaker balance roller style knob.
Rear Speaker...lighter would be in the center drawer lower dash area...switch is original to car. Had the same one in my 68 300

Back