1968 440 issues

Loss of harmony from under the hood.

Im getting erratic timing, car will not idle properly, however i belive it does not have a rich enough float setting, so im going to look at it again. And the belts seem to have a vibration ive never seen before, and i can actually see the balancer does not look like it is spinning on its centre while the engine is idling.

Got erratic timing, however it seems that there is also a fuel delivery issue, and when the chokes closed the car runs great, so the float setting is slightly off. I see the belts vibrating and the water pump and the alternator are not worn out. I can see the balancer is not exactly centred while the crank is spinning at idle. It looks like it has a slight imbalance.

Got erratic timing, however it seems that there is also a fuel delivery issue, and when the chokes closed the car runs great, so the float setting is slightly off. I see the belts vibrating and the water pump and the alternator are not worn out. I can see the balancer is not exactly centred while the crank is spinning at idle. It looks like it has a slight imbalance.

All that for nothing. Set floats again, and found out # 4 sparkplug boot was loose on sparkplug. Engine now runs beautifully.

Back