1968 Chrysler Floor Shift Auto question

Jet440

Reaction score
Hi guys , this is really a wanted ad but thought I’d post it here as I know I never look at the wanted section myself . I have been given a floor shift set up with our 68 New Yorker couoe , but the guy can’t find a few pieces in his stock .so what I’m hoping to find is the wiring harness from under the dash across the floor to the actual console . I have the Inside console wiring harness . Must b off a 67/68 as 66 is different .
Also the vertical shift piece complete that goes through the rubber boot in the floor and the heavy bracket with the 2 long studs on it which I think mounts to the trans ?

[ATTACH[/ATTACH]

3B4BA95E-4161-4712-AA6C-544E3A577DBF.jpeg

If you have either of these items could you email me direct at

nascoman at optusnet.com.au

My shipping address is Atlanta Georgia

If I recall correctly, the wiring for the console is simply a power feed to the integral harness of the console that connects to the door light switch, and the shifter pigtail connects to the wiring in the dash harness. You could make it yourself and no one would know the difference. It contains the orange wire to power the light in the shifter (automatics only), the neutral safety switch and the backup lights. If your car has a console tach or vacuum guage, there'll be an orange wire for it's lighting, and specific wiring for the tach for the sending unit. That's rare, and for me, I simply made mine following the wiring diagrams in the FSM.

I am pretty sure the shifter controls will do up to 1970, the only difference being shifter cosmetics, and perhaps things like the rubber boot that seals where the shaft goes through the floor.

Check out this auction from National Moparts (I think he's a member here too - @Furyman ?) Nigel is a true blue C body guy, and knows his stuff.

Mopar USED 1966 Chrysler Automatic Transmission Controls With Console 2800794 | eBay

Last edited:
Back