1968 Chrysler Imperial Le Baron - ~$28000

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-insera...earchInFreetext=false&negativeFeatures=EXPORT

It's for sale in switzerland, but a maybe 1of1 Imperial from Omar Bongo, King of Gabon. It have a window between the driver and the rear seats.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.JPG

"NO-RESERVE" Auktion on November, 30th 2013.

I translated the description with google translate, but better than nothing.
Vehicle History: The former king of the Republic of Omar Bongo of Gabon ordered this 1968 Chrysler Imperial Le Baron as a work order in Paris by Chrysler-Simca Automobiles of France. Chrysler Simca was at that time the official distribution and technology partner for the U.S. Chrysler Group in Europe. The former office was located on the Champs-Elysées Ranked # 136 in Paris, France. After delivery by Chrysler-Simca Automobiles of France this 1968 Chrysler Imperial Le Baron was charged with official green / orange French diplomatic license plate 43 CD 39 to the Embassy of the Republic of Gabon, Raphael Avenue No. 26, Paris, admitted. First date of registration: 7 Oktober 1968. "NO RESERVE" auction on 30 November 2013. For more information on telephone number 004179 508 33 33 We speak english, on parle francais, italiano parliamo.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.JPG

Those tail lights are stunning on these cars and this is a gorgeous example. Same back window as the one that just sold here in the states by one of our members.

If I ever get my Imperial I have decided it must be black with flag holders on the front fenders. Mine of course would have American flags, but definitely with gold fringe. I just love the look.

Those tail lights are stunning on these cars and this is a gorgeous example. Same back window as the one that just sold here in the states by one of our members.

That's right, but remember it was a Crown model where this back window was unusual, with this LeBaron it was standard fare.
The Gabon King must have had a little higher budget than the embassy that ordered the Crown car. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back