1968 Chrysler Town and Country

dewy

Reaction score
Hello All,
My son and I are doing a project bringing back to life a 1968 Town and Country Wagon but are finding it difficult to get advice and parts, namely, a windshield and tailgate. I am hoping to find and meet anyone with a similar project that has advice

Hello All,
My son and I are doing a project bringing back to life a 1968 Town and Country Wagon but are finding it difficult to get advice and parts, namely, a windshield and tailgate. I am hoping to find and meet anyone with a similar project that has advice
I have a nice rust-free tailgate, also have the taillights and set of fender skirts for it. PM if interested. Tailgate has the window washer option in it, Thanks

You might be my hero!!!!
How much are we looking at and do you have pics?
Thanks
Dwayne

I have a nice rust-free tailgate, also have the taillights and set of fender skirts for it. PM if interested. Tailgate has the window washer option in it, Thanks
That’s Awesome Dan. I replied on my thread but not sure I did it right lol. How much and do you have pics?
Thanks
Dwayne

Pic of the gate and lights, I will have to get some pics of the skirts if interested.
$450.00 for the gate
$100.00 for the pair of lites
$80.00 for the pair of skirts. Thanks

20221226_130636_resized.jpg
20221226_130654_resized.jpg
20221226_130702_resized.jpg
20221226_130811_resized.jpg
20221226_130936_resized.jpg

Reply to using personal mail, click on his name in the box to the left. Many members are reluctant to negotiate $$ in a public forum. C Shaft

I will take the gate and lights for sure. When you say skirts are you referring to the wheel skirts because we are good there. Also do you work out shipping cost to WI? 53228 zip
Thanks

I will take the gate and lights for sure. When you say skirts are you referring to the wheel skirts because we are good there. Also do you work out shipping cost to WI? 53228 zip
Thanks
Yes, that would be the wheel skirts. Shipping might be pricy; I think it would have to be shipped as truck freight. If you have anyone coming this way or going that way would probably be the best way? No hurry on pickup. Thanks

Welcome from a 68 Newport owner!
(Among others..lol)
For the windshield, it is the same as 4 door sedan.
I strongly suggest get a new gasket same time.
Both will be special order and the glass will have tint across the top.
Here are reference numbers your local glass supplier can cross reference to today's newer numbers.
It will not be cheap.
To save money on labour costs, remove the interior garnish trim, sunvisors and rear view mirror.
Outside, remove the stainless trim, wipers and wiper cowl.

Hope this helps

Screenshot_2022-11-20-20-59-58.png

20221121_124224.jpg

Last edited:
(Among others..lol)
Here are reference numbers your local glass supplier can cross reference to today's newer numbers.
It will not be cheap.
To save money on labour costs, remove the interior garnish trim, sunvisors and rear view mirror.

Hope this helps

View attachment 573106

View attachment 573107
(Among others..lol)
It will not be cheap.

Hope this helps

View attachment 573106

View attachment 573107

Thank you cbarg,
That won’t be a problem having it stripped and ready. Just to confirm I understand your chart, I would need interchange # 640?
1968 Town and Country

I was getting worried about finding a windshield so thank you for easing my mind.

To order you need the NAGS (National Auto Glass Specifications) number. It's not 640 which is an internal reference. The NAGS number for this windshield is W658. I've found the number in the Hollander but my edition stops at 1966 and my other Hollander begins at 1969 !!!

IMG_20221227_153600.jpg

Hi from Chilton, Wi up near Appleton, post some pix of your project
GOLMYN
Here are a couple pics. We are currently working on fixing the front sub frame. I thought it would be a little easier finding parts when we started lol.

339B1694-5958-4F9C-B73C-AB3F3F1FF001.jpeg

FB21B6CF-23E1-403B-B9B2-C225CC694959.jpeg

E3DF145C-3C85-484B-A107-7ABCAF245DBF.jpeg

yeah, post up some details as where and how you found and purchased the car, also fender tag/paperwork and we'll decode it for you, my 68 NewYorker

DSC07100.JPG

Last edited:
Back