SOLD 1968 Dodge D100 in OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
1969 D300 cab & chassis

Good looking truck. Have you decided on the bed yet? I recommended the military trailer bed in your other post, but then I got to thinking that a "welder" style bed (a flatbed with more definition and storage areas) would be my pick for this truck, custom to the truck and your usage/taste of course.

upload_2021-2-22_17-36-38.png

I'm a little surprised that you still have this truck. Maybe if it was a short bed it would be gone by now?

Yeah, me too. But, maybe its "not-sold-yet" status has been a bit of a plus...

I was driving it last week when I smelled that little hint of coolant. Alas, the top tank seam had split about five inches, just enough to allow coolant to start leaking. I took it to the radiator shop yesterday, and today he gave me the autopsy report on the original radiator - it's shot. To recore it is about $550, so if I were restoring it back to 1968 appearances, I'd have done that. But quality aluminum radiators are inexpensive; plus a buddy has one locally, never installed, that is the proper fit for the '68 with a 318 - his truck is a '70 and the mounting holes are slightly different that the '61-'68 trucks. Economics rule here - I get the rad for $100 still in the box (from the source is $224.00 shipped), and I'm back on the road tomorrow.

FargoChoctaw.jpg

New Champion aluminum radiator, and new formed radiator hoses and clamps installed. Complete tune-up performed (Champion plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor. Timing adjusted) Oil and filter change (Castrol GTX w/Wix 51515 filter) completed. $5,750 drives her home.

Running, moving, driving, stopping just as she should.

I MIGHT be interested in a trade for a C-body, a Jeep Cherokee XJ, or any Mopar wagon right now. I'd much prefer a cash deal, but one of those will likely get my attention.

I have zero problem with a long bed. I do have problems with being 1,600 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back