For Sale 1968 Fury III Fast Top - 383 - $8,500 - Cedar Park, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

cld

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi folks,
I have just re-listed the triple black 1968 Fast Top in far northwest Austin. It originally was located in Round Rock but is now in storage in an adjacent suburb (Cedar Park) due to lack of space.

I have put in a bit more detail and am coming down on the price. Of course I realize I initially listed it high due to emotional attachments, and now I'm working through that process. I have shown it to a few people who are really into Camaros, Mustangs, etc and are just taken by the look of this particular car, but I suspect they have no Mopar knowledge in general or C body knowledge in particular, so they may F it up. I would let it go for less to someone on this forum (maybe not Commando1's $5k assessment, but something less than list), since then I would know it was going to a good home. PM for phone number, etc.

Thanks all

1968 Plymouth Fury III 2dr - 383-4V, 727

Here is the original thread with the pasted in pictures; I can't seem to get the photos to load.

For Sale - 1968 Fury III, Roound Rock TX ($12K)

Beautiful Car! I have to ask you where you found those front seat covers? I have the same kind of front seat in my '66 that needs to be recovered but in the meantime those would work. Wifey won't sit in it until I get it redone lol.
Thanks

Beautiful car. I saw this on CL a week or so back. We're practically neighbors - I'm over in Pflugerville.

I've got a 68' 383 but I've got the 4-door. Good luck with the sale!

Beautiful Car! I have to ask you where you found those front seat covers? I have the same kind of front seat in my '66 that needs to be recovered but in the meantime those would work. Wifey won't sit in it until I get it redone lol.
Thanks

I used Seat Covers Plus out of Logan, UT via seatcoversunlimited.com, which sounds cheesy but was great. Everyone I talked to could not have been more helpful. They have a couple close patterns, I believe a 69 Fury, and were interested in making a new pattern if this one fit well. They talked me through the measurements and were very good about follow-up, very concerned about it fitting well. It was just over $200 for full custom fit. The cover comes with a thick foam backing and is very heavy duty tweedish material. It is different from the original slick vinyl, of course, but I've always liked like heavy woven material for vehicle seats. Probably dates back to driving a '66 Sweptline Dodge pickup around the farm with "Indian blanket" covers.

Beautiful car. I saw this on CL a week or so back. We're practically neighbors - I'm over in Pflugerville.

I've got a 68' 383 but I've got the 4-door. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks! Saw your PM, we'll set something up.

Saylor, here's the fender tag.

20140118_103335.jpg

If that car's not worth $8500 I'll eat the table I'm sitting at right now...

Very sorry to hear about your trying circumstances, if nothing else I hope there's a resolution for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back