NOT MINE 1968 Fury III Wildwood NJ, $20,000......

SportFury70

Reaction score
Price is reasonable in my opinion.......

1968 Plymouth Fury

Here is what the ad says.........

Hello, I’m selling my 1968 Plymouth Fury III. Numbers matching all original big block coupe. 383 with a 2.73 rear end, three speed torque flight automatic, all serviced recently and fluids changed regularly. Car needs some minor brake work, other wise runs and drives like new. Asking $20,000.00 OBO, shoot me a message and let’s talk business, make me an offer.

1688351775497.png

1688351801565.png

1688351819765.png

1688351840516.png

1688351854397.png

1688351876550.png

1688351893033.png

1688351909605.png

1688351928359.png

Plenty of C's or worth $20K out there - and more.

While this one is a cherry sled, that ask number feels "tall" to me. Its reasonably a five figure car in my estimation though.

Still, like Chris said, ya gotta start the conversation somewhere. Lotta selling strategies to do that, but seems like one needs to take care about being outside a reasonable ask range for whatever the thing is.

Anyway, as always when I ain't a player, I hope seller and potential new owner do well on it - whatever the final number is.

Still, like Chris said, ya gotta start the conversation somewhere. Lotta selling strategies to do that, but seems like one needs to take care about being outside a reasonable ask range for whatever the thing is.

Anyway, as always when I ain't a player, I hope seller and potential new owner do well on it - whatever the final number is.

I've had two pretty nice cars for sale for months now. Had them reasonably priced from the start but have lowered prices significantly. Still little to no interest. Oh well, I drove both of them this weekend and really enjoyed it! :steering::steering:

Never thought prices for regular, normal, C-bodies would reach 20k
The prices on C-Bodies are all over the map.

Right now, I would think that there are folks holding back on buying cars and if prices keep going higher, the collector car market in general might collapse. Either that or you'll see a new phase of collector car as (or if) Gen-X starts to buy old cars and wants that Chevy Citation like their uncle Bob had.

Chris, both your cars seemed reasonably priced from the start and are excellent specimens of what they are. Maybe macro-economics (inflation, consumer confidence, etc.), or just the right person aint seen them yet?.

Any of us with pre-1980 MY cars (takin' up space in my case, for sale in your case) are perhaps, unfortunately, on the wrong siide of demographic trends.

Somebody born that year is 43 years old today, in prime, discretionary earning years, but perhaps has LITTLE memory of/affinity toward ANY car before 1990 let alone 1980?

I aint dissin' "young" people - many of them like the same stuff my age cohort grew up with that was before their time, EOP before they were born, etc, .. but hell, I am old and do NOT have many memories of/affinities to, and have never owned, any cars built before 1960. I like 'em, but not looking for one.

It's all kinda relative I guess.

Or "worse" yet like John observed, they know Uncle Bob's "X" car, or Aunt Millie's "K" car :poke: -- "old" to them, but not particularly "collectible" to someone like me who was in college in 1980.

That may cut down the buyer pool for our pre-1980 stuff .. even IF macroeconomics were booming and no pandemic overhang.

Well see how my 1988 Fiero does in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Chris, both your cars seemed reasonably priced from the start and are excellent specimens of what they are. Maybe macro-economics (inflation, consumer confidence, etc.), or just the right person aint seen them yet?.

Any of us with pre-1980 MY cars (takin' up space in my case, for sale in your case) are perhaps, unfortunately, on the wrong siide of demographic trends.

Somebody born that year is 43 years old today, in prime, discretionary earning years, but perhaps has LITTLE memory of/affinity toward ANY car before 1990 let alone 1980?

I aint dissin' "young" people - many of them like the same stuff my age cohort grew up with that was before their time, EOP before they were born, etc, .. but hell, I am old and do NOT many memories/affinities, and have never owned, any cars built before 1960. I like 'em, but not looking for one.

It's all kinda relative I guess.

Or "worse" yet like John observed , they know Uncle Bob's "X" car, or Aunt Millie's "K" car :poke: -- "old" to them, but not particularly "collectible" to someone like me who was in college in 1980).

That may cut down the buyer pool for our pre -1980 stuff .. even IF macroeconomics were booming and no pandemic overhang.

Anyway, I am about to see what this one is gonna do...(me and a member did a deal 4 years ago on this one .. '88 Fiero GT, six-speed manual, 75K miles).

View attachment 604590View attachment 604591
I do see more Fieros at cruise nights etc. than I ever have before.

Maybe this is the car that will be Gen-X's '32 Ford or Tri-5 Chevy... Who knows? That's the car that Uncle Bob parked next to at the disco.

Never thought prices for regular, normal, C-bodies would reach 20k
No way for a grade 3+ car where the owner couldn't even vacuum the carpet. A pet peeve of mine. I see a dirty carpet and I knock you down $1000 for it. Also tells me a little bit about the owner and not in a good way. Me, divide by 0.6.

I still don't see a younger crowd ever buying these cars. They just aren't cool to them and never will be. I can tell you what is cool to the young crowd and it is vintage Ford F-100 trucks. I see people buying these precisely because they are old and cool looking. Half of them do not even know the basics of maintenance and I won't answer their questions. The other group want to junk the engines for bigger power, change out the front suspension, and put on large wheels and tires. Don't forget the all important and patina. Do you want to see that done to C bodies because that is where they are headed?

I do see more Fieros at cruise nights etc. than I ever have before.

Maybe this is the car that will be Gen-X's '32 Ford or Tri-5 Chevy... Who knows? That's the car that Uncle Bob parked next to at the disco.
The collector car market certainly has it's cycles. The street rods don't bring the money they used to. The muscle cars are completely hot now and will most likely continue but are priced above what most young people can afford.I've been told the mid 60's C10's are and up and coming demand. As far as a younger set, I think it's going to be the foreign, (though not exclusively), small 4-6 cylinders souped up, (tuners as they say).

I've seen some nice 68 Furys sell (according to FB, anyway) listed in the 15-20k range, but IMHO this one isn't there (yet).

It's a nice color but the shine is lacking.
It's an F3, with 383 2-barrel (presumably) and bench seat.
If it were a SF with 383-4 and buckets/console in this condition, that would help tremendously.
Or the 20k price might be attainable if it were buffed and shined and lookign its best - but it isn't.

Back