For Sale 1968 Imperial for sale in Atlanta and New York....SCAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
00c0c_bwfoGt3axSC_600x450.jpg
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/5306460239.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5305727083.html

Would you send this seller a deposit to hold this car?

He states it's a 4 door sedan but a coupe is pictured...

They are both from scammers. This car was on ebay for $10,000. It was a New York car and the guy who is selling it has a YouTube channel just type in Mark V Motors and he made a video of this car titled 1968 Chrysler imperial. In the video he never said it was a 3 speed manual he said it was a torqueflite transmission

The NY ad said it had an INLINE eight and a three-speed manual trans. I'd bet the NY ad is pure scam. A two-door pictured and advertising a four-door?

The Atlanta ad has me thinking it might be legit. The NY ad is definitely a scam. The $2,540 price on a car worth four or five times that is the dead giveaway.

They are both :bs_flag:

I see ad's like this all the time. Phishing for your email address. Work at home phishing scam. They never post a phone number.

Call the New York one and Atlanta one. The legit sellers name is Dustin and if they say there name is something else other than Dustin than you know it's a scam

I am using a disposable email to ask the Atlanta seller for more pictures. We'll see if I get a response.

They are both from scammers. This car was on ebay for $10,000. It was a New York car and the guy who is selling it has a YouTube channel just type in Mark V Motors and he made a video of this car titled 1968 Chrysler imperial. In the video he never said it was a 3 speed manual he said it was a torqueflite transmission
Why does anybody need to verify the CL ads.
71Newyorker said it all.

Wow.. Is it a scam.. That's creepy. Its just a y body.. Not a red chevelle

Remember a few months ago where someone in Janesville WI. craigs listed a silver '77 New Yorker St Regis Coupe from central WI. IT IS A SCAM.

Everyday we get ten calls a day from people who want to check if something is a scam, Here are a few points I tell them after we determine they are not a vicitm and gave personnal or financial info out: If we get 10 calls a day there are 90 that don't get called in. Do the math, 100 calls X 71 other counties in our state X 49 other states. The feds will not investigate unless a loss of 250k or more. Even if you have a phone number on caller ID it means nothing. They can change the number everytime they call and many are calling from outside of the country.

Look at the Better Business Bureau website, they show and describe the scams out there and how many reported by state. The last time I looked there were over 1400 scams and variations of out there.

Lastly tell every person you know and have contact with about the type of scam so they will be prepared when solicited. Remember age is not a qualifier to being taken advantage of.

There is an egay auction link at BaT. Very nice car. The pecker head in Atlanta apparently copied a couple of pics off the auction site and ran his little $2,540 scam. The car is real.

The car is always real, usually misrepresented and never theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back