Status
Not open for further replies.

2001_NMU_BnD

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine...

1968 Imperial Lebaron--rare

info from post:

440 motor...starts, runs, and stops well. Body solid...paint faded in spots. New starter, fuel tank, fuel lines, and tires. Interior good, no rips. Carpet could be replaced or can just be cleaned. FYI...at this price don't expect perfection...there are some issues that need to be addressed eventually such as some electical problems(power windows: some work, some don't), the a/c doesn't blow cold, headlight switch needs to be replaced. All of the chrome is present and very clean. The car is definitely an eye-turner and gets compliments as-is. I will consider trades on certain vehicles...I'm into 80s cars and/or mustangs...whatcha got? I don't need help selling.

Repeated many times over.
I actually know a guy who’s interested in this car and I am hoping to distract him with a certain green coupe.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It IS a nice, clean LeBaron - looks to be nice leather too...... silver w/black is always stately...........

Great color combo, body style and model. Being a '68 means ATC though. Still for the money, if it is as solid as it looks, not a bad price IMO.

ATC was an uncommon option in '68. Thankfully, my '67 does NOT have it, have to agree - it IS nice for the money if it checks out otherwise. It may be grey as opposed to silver, but still quite elegant w/the black hardtop. Hope it finds a good home.

So, which Imperials came equipped with the more reliable air-cond systems?

Interesting color combination. Back then, it would have had to have a vinyl roof, but not having one NOW is a plus. Some glaze/slick wax action can make it look pretty nice, I suspect. WITH an appropriate ladder/scaffolding to get to all of the roof area!

Some of the issues mentioned might be normal and not hard to take care of. With some TLC which it definitely is worthy of.

CBODY67

I think it still has its vinyl.
You can just see the seams running along the top.
At least that's what I see...

Unless I am missing something - - - - - very reasonable price. no evidence of rust on rockers, interior reasonably kept and original given its age, chrome looks good.

So, which Imperials came equipped with the more reliable air-cond systems?

Those equipped with a manual A/C or not having any produced prior to 74. All the way to 73 the AT II was optional and single manual unit was standard from 71 to 73. 70 and older Imps offered every A/C system as an option.

This car has been for sale for some time, along with the green one in NC at $6k which seems a better buy IMHO. If this one did not need the work buyer mentions and whatever else you'd find, I'd buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back