For Sale 1968 Imperial Mobile Director - cl ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrewboy

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine, and only an hour away from me. Unfortunately, I don't have the cash to get it or a place to put it. Definitely has some rust around the back, but you'd be the only kid on the block with one of these! I'm not sure about the mix of gold and green outside with black inside - might have to go with another color option as long as you're doing the rust repair. The interior doesn't look as bad as the exterior.

http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/4627447799.html

From the ad:
1968 Imperial Crown mobil director ,
complete original car,runs and drives numbers matching, Gold paint, black interior Green vinyl top (top is gone) Car has never been restored or molested. only 54 made in 1968, very rare automobile.
this car needs a good home to someone who can restore it to its former glory. $6,500.00 or best offer.

68 Mobile Director.jpg

68 Mobile Director.jpg

Super rare, I couldn't do that color combo though. Nice find.

That's a easy fix just put a black top on. I like the rest of the car but that's too much $ for a weird seat.

gold with a green top and black interieur.
Challenging
But it looks like a solid car

Carsten

Not mine, and only an hour away from me. Unfortunately, I don't have the cash to get it or a place to put it. Definitely has some rust around the back, but you'd be the only kid on the block with one of these! I'm not sure about the mix of gold and green outside with black inside - might have to go with another color option as long as you're doing the rust repair. The interior doesn't look as bad as the exterior.

http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/4627447799.html

From the ad:
1968 Imperial Crown mobil director ,
complete original car,runs and drives numbers matching, Gold paint, black interior Green vinyl top (top is gone) Car has never been restored or molested. only 54 made in 1968, very rare automobile.
this car needs a good home to someone who can restore it to its former glory. $6,500.00 or best offer.

View attachment 38874

I'd look into a gold vinyl top for it to match the paint. I wonder what sort of "best offer" is going to get it. $6500 is too much.

That car is a lot of work, but '68 Mobile Directors are pretty rare. If you're into that.

What's this wrench for?
01414_jwmPFsh2pys_600x450.jpg

01414_jwmPFsh2pys_600x450.jpg

Probably something to do with the table.

Looks almost like a alternator tension tool. Maybe too small after looking at.it.next to owners manual.

I seen one at the Mason Dixon show and the guy just put the table in. He was parked next to me. I didn't watch him or was paying attention but he came out of the car with that wrench after putting in the table.

from the looks of the back bumper, i'd be a little scared of what is under the trunk mat. what are the eye bolt looking things for along the trunk gutter?
00B0B_4Zwix8YWBRa_600x450.jpg

ah-ha. i take it that side cover is what is wadded up behind the jack then.

Nope, there's an inner liner too. The cover is not in the pic.

I think there is more interior in the trunk of those Imperials than there is in a Dart interior.

I'm getting the feeling none of the owners were "Chrysler" men.
More like "Ima important guy. See?" men.

Posted via Topify on Android

I wonder where and how the director table and mast is stored when not in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back