WANTED 1968 Newport 4 door w/pillar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobram

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking to buy this car. Something that is partially or completely restored. Color preferences are Blue or Green, although I'm willing to do paint job.

My father owned 1968 Newport(s) for over 3 decades, I live in MA, in the rust belt, so all of his cars went back to the earth from whence they came. ;-)

His 92nd birthday is coming up soon, and I'd love to find one of these to surprise him with on his birthday in August. I also have very fond memories of this model, and I can still hear that indistinguishable start noise of the 383.

If anyone knows of any, let me know. The few I've found through google sites were complete wastes of time or the good ones were long gone.

Here's a 30+year old pic of the old man and his pride and joy workhorse.
Thanks
scan0001_zpsxgrrucsw.jpg

Very nice of you to do this for your dad. How far are you willing to travel to acquire this vehicle? You'll find FCBO people very helpful I'm sure. There was one on ebay last week, but I can't seem to find it now.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Quite an honorable mission you're on, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Welcome.
Born, raised, schooled, partied, and worked in Boston all my life.
What part of Boston?

No B pillar but might your father have spent a little extra on a New Yorker if he could have??
I'd be all over this one if I were looking.

1968 Chrysler New Yorker

image.jpeg

Thanks for the great welcome and all the help so far!
Commando-lifetime resident of Brighton, so yes, I'm REALLY from Boston. ;-) (For those who may not know, Brighton is a neighborhood of Boston, everyone within 70 miles of Boston claims to be from Boston, and it pisses us real Bostonians off sometimes!) Main digs in my misspent youth were Dorchesta and Meffa. ;-)

The New Yorker(s) are nice, but the old man never liked the light bar on the back of the New Yorker. The other reason he never got one, I suspect, is that he only ever once paid MA sales tax or title fee on all his Newports, he would go out and buy a "new" 1968 Newport, slap the same plate on it and that was it. He never bothered to register the "new" car, and back in the day they never checked Vin #s, not even for inspection stickers. Thus his preference for that Newport blue paint.

383 is a big preference too, since all his cars had 383's in them.

I'm willing to travel or have the right car hauled as far as need be. I found one a few months ago in Canada, but it was so far out there it would have cost $2g's to get it here.

Thanks again for the help and the welcome.

Edit: The '68 in Wisconsin has no engine.

Last edited:
The story of a close father/son relationship + involves a car + Boston...

Guys, this could be Jay Leno posting...

Is that a duck looking in the window of a passenger plane for your avatar?

The story of a close father/son relationship + involves a car + Boston...
Guys, this could be Jay Leno posting...

I WISH I had Leno money!! If it were Leno, he would have bought a museum piece somewhere by now.

Is that a duck looking in the window of a passenger plane for your avatar?

Yeah, sumanabiotch wake me up by tapping on the window of the flight, if you go duck hunting in Sicily, better take out the whole blood line, or they will come after you when you least expect it to settle the vendetta. ;-)

Welcome! Good luck finding a car. It's a worthy mission.

1968 Newport Hardtop
Here's a beauty, but it's a hardtop.

Thanks for the link, but dammit! I was traveling in upper Canada and couldn't follow the board, I would have bought that car for sure.
I'm back for a couple days, I'm traveling again, but will add this site to my phone's browser.
Thanks again for the link, I'm really PO'd I missed out, I really want a pillar model, but the old man probably wound't have noticed (for a while anyway.)

Thanks for the link, but dammit! I was traveling in upper Canada and couldn't follow the board, I would have bought that car for sure.
I'm back for a couple days, I'm traveling again, but will add this site to my phone's browser.
Thanks again for the link, I'm really PO'd I missed out, I really want a pillar model, but the old man probably wound't have noticed (for a while anyway.)
If you're really interested, send the seller a message on eBay. It shows that it didn't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back