1968 plymouth fury III PX23G8D243539 project

this is the male plug fitted into the original socket getting ready to terminate those ends.
even though the tails i got were 16AWG and silver wire

20191228_145354.jpg
ground is capped off in red - ground comes from a ring terminal on down the line, even stock.

i still forged ahead. i thought about repinning them and said screw it. the male side is only trigger wires. the lousy part is 2 of my headlight sockets are 14AWG and 2 are 16AWG. unplanned. if i build more of these ill avoid this.

up near the battery / starter relay area i ended up with 6 wires. This will all tie into their respective relays:
passenger side hi lamp +
passenger side lo lamp +
driver side hi lamp +
driver side lo lamp +

lo beam trigger +
hi beam trigger +
20191228_154000.jpg

OH DAMN I FORGOT A WIRE!!!1
20191228_170303.jpg

no really, here it is loose, removed from mock up, held with piece electrical tape. at every T or Y in the wire, i hit it with mucho electrical tape so it wont let water in, and is super flexy. and sexy.

all the T and Y and splits are at the factory locations.

so then you get jiggy wif it. grab yo roll of badass tesa tape and wrap til your wrist pops
20191228_174620.jpg

i dunno how to do it correctly im self taught, but i like hitting the extremities / the ones that feed off the main trunk first, work from end to trunk. at the tip ends start about 1" inwards and wrap OUT to where you want the finished edge of the tape. make a couple of loops there at the edge it makes a good stout end and clean edge, and the start of the tape is hidden under what you just wrapped. At the splits i cut about 2" over and keep going up one of the legs. then with a new piece of tape do the other leg and wrap the Y or T and keep going.

sooner or later you will run out of tape, or run out of wire, and you will be done for the evening.
20191228_180243.jpg

next up will be dealing with that pile of grn / wht wire in the top left corner all those relay connectos.

but pretty fly for a white guy.

so far:
4 H4 connectos = $20 dolla
2 $6 relays = $12
roll of tesa tape = $15 (worth every cent) (had it on hand)
3 spool 14AWG = $25 (had it on hand but good excuse to go buy more. and i did.)
good butt connectos + shrink wrap = $15

Last edited:
before they built 190 i was the last house before you hit country. my house was built at the trailhead of trails that went down in the floodplains. and my son raced quads national and local. so this was the garage alot of nights.
garage.jpg
coupla bikes, coupla quads, my sons dad, 68 merc in the background. that was a good car.

ah the valley. r.i.p. if you BMX d or rode moto and lived anywhere near this side of town, you knew where the valley was.
100_3931.JPG

total madness
100B4240.JPG

100B4382.JPG

100_3933.JPG

. . . ive had to call the whambluance 5 times. 1 for my son and 1 for my nephew.

son rolled our gokart and put his arm out.

nephew hit a fence post out there somewhere.

one dude had a back wheel axle stuck in his head.

one dude shredded a leg.

one dude busted face.

Last edited:
means alot to me. this floor is now 20 yrs old. its had me and kids and soon grandkids working out here.
i had to go find a couple of pics
View attachment 340390
my sons 2nd (? iirc) quad. and my ct70.
First thing I saw.....Quad, then I looked further and Trail 70, yeah!!!

A friend has one, it sat for a few years. When I was over there working on a truck for him I drained the fuel, cleaned the carb and got it running to occupy the kids for a while.

MVC-063F.JPG
my sons last quad. full race. KFC450 :) we bought it showroom new and sent it off to get gusseted and other secret race options. advanced cam. other undisclosed tricks. triple rates. +5 arms. tuff wheels. the works. i spent more on this than some of my cars. this is the fastest thing ive ever driven on any amount of wheels out of anything ive driven ever. we sold it to a dude in houston i dunno if he kept racing it down there or not.

and a cobra II in the background 302 4spd. was still a toad because 1977.

My youngest never raced, but had a decent Yamaha Blaster for a few years, scared my wife to death when he mastered 3rd gear wheelies. He had a lot of fun with it. In the winter he would drift the parking lot while I was trying to plow snow.

I played on the trails back in the early 80’s
Lately in our area quads infected our streets
No respect for the law or residents of the town making a total nuisance of themselves here

We are visiting family in Nova Scotia and so far the riders are very respectful of the residents in each town
They have some really good trails set up just for the atv’s

I played on the trails back in the early 80’s
Lately in our area quads infected our streets
No respect for the law or residents of the town making a total nuisance of themselves here

We are visiting family in Nova Scotia and so far the riders are very respectful of the residents in each town
They have some really good trails set up just for the atv’s
Around me any gravel road you can ride on as long as you have a ORV sticker, helmet under 18 and observe the rules of the road. Speed is 25 mph.... that one usually gets broken.:D

TIL a b body battery tray is not the same as a c body battery tray, but its close
20200101_110755.jpg

but it does not fit - without modification. the underneath brackets are totally different too. its not really a good substitute.

20200101_112821.jpg
the stock underneath bracket. rust/acid'ed solid. i have it soaking but i think its history tbh.

battery tray installed
20200104_125631.jpg

found muh oil leak
20200105_112254.jpg

the little pipe plug at the very back of the motor where the transmission bolts up. it was hand tight :/
put some blue on it and put it back. 9mm canadian fits it.

got a better handle on all the wiring
20200105_144441.jpg

made a brace for all muh relays to ride on, mounted power distribution block, 100a fuse is under there somewhere.

Back