For Sale 1968 ?plymouth fury in a junkyard for parts

challenger340

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This car has been in a junkyard for many years, so no soft parts will be any good. Small easy to remove parts will be around $50, larger parts will be more around 100, but prices will vary. This will be a slow process, I only go to pick parts about once a month, so if you are in a hurry , I doubt I can help. If you have interest in any part let me know. My pictures are terrible, pics are mainly to show car and help id it. This car looks to be a factory 3 speed on the column, strange/ rare? cool ! I do not deal with large parts much as I do not have time to do heavy, large shipping. I may consider getting a large part, but it would have to be picked up in central arkansas at my house. Shipping on small parts would be from central arkansas 72076. Please overlook the lousy pictures, but that is all I have on the car currently, so I realize the condition of parts can not be evaluated. thanks

DCFC1426.JPG

DCFC1419.JPG

DCFC1423.JPG

DCFC1425.JPG

Boy somebody close is going to be all over that pedal assembly. Good job getting this posted so the parts can be saved.

I'd get the pedals, rod, z-bar and bell housing. With all that stuff, you could pretty much name your price.

I'd be interested in the rear quarter panels on both sides...a part of the wheelhouse on both sides if the panels are in good shape. It looks like there is some rust on both back quarters. I wonder how the trunk extensions look...

Hello members, I appreciate all the interest. And I will check in to all requests, however as I stated in the opening message, I am not really set up to do large, heavy, hard to remove, hard to ship parts. This car is in a very old junkyard, and they will not help me pull parts, it is over a 3/4 mile back into the yard and they will not let take my truck back to the car. So every tool , jack, jack stand and wrenches would have to be carried in, I have a small wagon I use, but labor intensive big parts requests are not very likely to happen, that is why some of these cars still have parts. Even small parts are a battle. The owners are not able to remove parts any more at this time, because of their health, so many of the large requests are not likely to be able to be pursued currently.
However, the messages are helpful to me with all the information, so keep the messages coming. Currently no whole cars can be bought, but sometimes things change. With the members messages and helpful information on parts values, if a whole car is ever " offered " I will be better prepared. And if a member wanted a whole car, and wanted to make a really good offer on a car, I would take the offer to the owner. But there would be no bargains, as I have tried to buy whole cars before and was told, we can not sell whole cars. But as we all know cash talks. there would be no $500 cars, I am sure all cars would be at least a 1000, or more.
It is easier and more open to call 1st on any parts that you may see, by replying here in the open forum, that helps me keep track of who was 1st, that is my preference, private messages are fine for making deals and exchanging private info, like addresses and phone numbers.
I already have 1 request in for the pedals thru a private message.
I hate to lay down all the rules, but I am a 1 man part time operation, and I have no control over the junkyard rules. I have sold a few parts off the 1970 sport fury and off the chrysler 300 parts cars to some members. thanks for the patience and understanding. More cars will be posted in the future.

If the frame and floors are solid and there is no major rust I would pay $1000 for the car if they will let it go?

The pedal assemblies are a high demand item and would be worth the effort. Unless I missed it, no mention if any drivetrain is still in the car, (can't even see if the rear end is there), hopefully Z bar is laying there somewhere. A/C car too.

I’d be interested in coming to Arkansas and cutting out the quarters if they are in good shape and the price is reasonable. It pretty much depends on the shape they’re currently in. If the wheelhouses and trunk extensions are shot they probably are not worth the trip/expense

If the frame and floors are solid and there is no major rust I would pay $1000 for the car if they will let it go?
I can check on it. But I doubt car will be that solid. These cars have been in this junkyard for 25 or more years, some sitting low to the ground, windows open, doors left open, trunks being left open not being washed, so dirt piles up in areas, that holds moisture= rust. These cars are not going to that solid. I fear because car has sat so low to the ground, floors will surely be weak. The offer is a respectable offer, so thanks on that, but mostly likely I will find it has too much rust. I do appreciate your interest. Can you list the parts you might want, if car is too rusty.

Hello all, give Willie a chance, he is on the level, doing his best to navigate the site and getting parts for us. It was about 2 weeks from my first request to parts delivery and it looks great, as expected. Keep it small and you won’t be disappointed.

I can check on it. But I doubt car will be that solid. These cars have been in this junkyard for 25 or more years, some sitting low to the ground, windows open, doors left open, trunks being left open not being washed, so dirt piles up in areas, that holds moisture= rust. These cars are not going to that solid. I fear because car has sat so low to the ground, floors will surely be weak. The offer is a respectable offer, so thanks on that, but mostly likely I will find it has too much rust. I do appreciate your interest. Can you list the parts you might want, if car is too rusty.
Check it over good and let me know. Appreciate it

Car has rust, quarter panels are starting to show rust. Very doubtful I can get some of the larger heavy hard to remove parts. I might '' try " and get the pedals. These cars are full on leaves, rat droppings, and are very dirty. I wear a mask any time I get inside one.

DCFC1459.JPG

DCFC1460.JPG

DCFC1461.JPG

DCFC1462.JPG

DCFC1463.JPG

DCFC1464.JPG

Those do look like 70+ A body pedals. If you can manage some how I'd be interested in the bellhousing. Car really dont look that bad..

This car has been in a junkyard for many years, so no soft parts will be any good. Small easy to remove parts will be around $50, larger parts will be more around 100, but prices will vary. This will be a slow process, I only go to pick parts about once a month, so if you are in a hurry , I doubt I can help. If you have interest in any part let me know. My pictures are terrible, pics are mainly to show car and help id it. This car looks to be a factory 3 speed on the column, strange/ rare? cool ! I do not deal with large parts much as I do not have time to do heavy, large shipping. I may consider getting a large part, but it would have to be picked up in central arkansas at my house. Shipping on small parts would be from central arkansas 72076. Please overlook the lousy pictures, but that is all I have on the car currently, so I realize the condition of parts can not be evaluated. thanks

View attachment 561396

View attachment 561397

View attachment 561398

View attachment 561399
I would be interested in the steering wheel and horn ring. Is the cap still with it? What year 300s are there?

I would be interested in the steering wheel and horn ring. Is the cap still with it? What year 300s are there?i
I will put that parts requests only, not sure if the cap is still available, will check condition on part. There is a 1970 300 parts car there, I have a another post on it too, in the parts cars section. thanks willie

Back