Separate names with a comma.
It´s a WW1 car so original color is "Sable White" im going to respray it that.
I got the brakes working today and i drove the car.. Seems to move nicely.
Interior colour was originally blue, but im going to make it black.
That’s cool. I had an AAR that was white & black. It works. Just keep sending us pics as you make progress. Hey did you ever find the steering wheel in that mountain of stuff. If you did sure hope it was a woodgrain !!!
New wheels and tyres to wagon.
Also i rebuid steering box and pump.. Every seal was leaking.
Now im installing new brakes.
350mm discs and porsche 6-piston calibers for front and Right Stuff Detailing Disc Brake Conversion Kit to back.
Those front brakes look like they should stop the wagon.
Brakes are working fine but something is wrong with the steering box.. power steering is not working and the pump is okay.. got the new wheels on the car..
I got the powersteering issue figured out, but the steering box has excessive play on it.
Have to source new and probably close ratio one. Please tell me if there is bolt-on solution for this.
I removed the roof rack becouse i think its cleaner look without it.
Didint drive the car much this summer, but still somehow managed to get it in finnish hot rod magazine called American Rauta.
You can adjust some of the free play out of the steering box. The service manual has the procedure. Remember it is true power steering, so it will always be very responsive and may feel over responsive compared to modern cars.
Yeah i know, but it still has almost half a turn play on it. ill have to look into some close ratio boxes..
Congratulations on getting in the magazine. .
I hope this will solve the steering issues..
After that i need to install wilwood adjustable brake balance valve and linelock.. Also barking brake cables are currently missing.
Well its in now.. had to Make my own lines..
test drive has to wait becouse there is snow outside and i still have some work to do with brakes
How much modifications did you have to make to the factory steering setup to use the borgeson setup.From what I have read when using their coupler you have to cut the steering shaft is that correct. details would be appreciated.
Yeah i had to cut about 1" off the steering shaft.
Also i dont think they sell the high pressure line which will go to old style steering pump so i tig welded that to work.
Small washers was also required to the mounting bolts becouse they where too long otherwise.
I switched my power steering pump & lines to a Bouchillon Performance Saginaw pump kit a couple years ago wondering if ill have problem with the lines as their kit came with custom made lines for pump to box. I also read were you could buy a coupler from another company (recommended by Borgeson) that you did not need to cut the shaft.Did you reuse your pitman arm.
I think the yoke type coupler is just much better anyways..
i diding even remove the steering shaft, just used angle grinder to cut it in place.
Yes i have stock pitman arm and this had the bigger 1-1/4” pitman.
thanks for all info. will be looking for feedback when you do some driving the car when finished. did the kit come with the bigger pitman arm or did you have to purchase separately.
I will be looking forward to what you have to say about the steering box. We are thinking about this swap in my father in laws 65 sport fury