1969 300' pics

I'm not sure you caught the engine specs. With 510", the HP & torque numbers stated and drag radials or slicks, a 12.35 is not unrealistic. I am told my '68 Sport Fury should get into the high 12's with some suspension work, wearing down the tires for better traction and a more experienced driver and that it would get well into the 12's with slicks or drag radials. The prior owner of the Flyin' Whale states that he ran a 12.11. I will see what the Flyin' Whale will run one of these days.

Bill, why was Rich so disappointed in his 440 in the Polara?

Dave, he really wasn't disappointed with the 440 in the Polara (now owned by another FCBO member but I think you knew that). He built that car to be something that the family could enjoy with him but his wife and kids were not into it. He got bored with it and had a desire for something more powerful and modernized. He built an '80's El Camino several years ago that I would have loved to have had but he got bored with that and sold it without my knowing that it was for sale. Email me sometime if you want to know about the other toys that he is working on as apparently the 'Cuda and Charger are not enough.

The 69' 300 is owned by my friend Terry, but I have done all the mechanical work on it since he bought it 24 years ago. I will ask Terry if he has any video of it. Back when he met me, I had a 73' barracuda with a 440 and was drag racing every weekend. Also I've been running stock eliminator since 98', it helped with some of the technology. My current race car is an 87' Chrysler T&C wagon turbo. Thanks for the video of the 300 drag racing.

Dave, he really wasn't disappointed with the 440 in the Polara (now owned by another FCBO member but I think you knew that). He built that car to be something that the family could enjoy with him but his wife and kids were not into it. He got bored with it and had a desire for something more powerful and modernized. He built an '80's El Camino several years ago that I would have loved to have had but he got bored with that and sold it without my knowing that it was for sale. Email me sometime if you want to know about the other toys that he is working on as apparently the 'Cuda and Charger are not enough.

He told me " he was disappointed with the performance ". Being a big car it wasnt fast enough. We never did get into the build.

Rich and I catch up at Carlisle every year ... he is an artist that can't sit still...

I've taken up enough of this guys thread space ......:thumbsup:

Back