For Sale 1969 chrysler imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have seen this one before, but I also thought he had sold it when I talked to him when the listing first came up a little more than a month ago. Apparently not. It is a really rust free dry car from what he told me but the interior was pretty sun baked too as you can see. There are far worse ones with significant rust that are being restored to the max, so for guys up to that challenge, this is a good starting point.

Last edited:
"rust free"...???
is that like buy the car and get the rust for free..
That firewall is total toast.. The heater box is being held in by magic...
The firewall behind the brake booster is thinner than a wet piece of toilet paper....

A pic for prosperity...

00D0D_3xrupnsKper_600x450.jpg

"rust free"...???
is that like buy the car and get the rust for free..
That firewall is total toast.. The heater box is being held in by magic...
The firewall behind the brake booster is thinner than a wet piece of toilet paper....
Agreed. Stuck out like a red cape. Wth are you looking at, Steve...

Some rust for posterity.
00F0F_9Tj7cPpxZLS_600x450.jpg

Granted, that fire wall is toast, how does that happen? I've had Alberta cars with similar amounts of build up on the cowl screen with solid firewalls. Moisture coming through the inside? However assuming the sellers description of "straight" is correct regarding the body, it could be worth a complete restoration. For the brave so inclined.

You guys are right. I missed that (those photos of the firewall were not in his original listing, so I didn't stop to look at these new ones as I should have) and was taken off track by the rest of the body. Also it has been a CA car all of its existence according to the seller, so I assumed too quickly that it would be pristine. But it appears a lot of water over time has accumulated in the cowl area and did its work in terms of rust. One should request photos of the interior floor pans too in case any water got inside over time too and stayed there if interested. But still, overall, probably a much better car than others I have seen being resurrected in Europe for example, one of which came from an open field in New York over many years as I recall.

My bad. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back