1969 Chrysler Newport Custom Steering Column Question

peiguy23

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member. I just bought a 1969 Newport Custom and the steering column has been swapped out for something that just isn't right. I have the cruise control unit under the hood but no cruise control button in the car. This leads me to believe that it was on the old column and the one in the car is not correct. The one installed now has lots of play and the part that holds the signal light lever moves around on me. The previous owner or the owner before, screwed a little plate from one part of the column to the other to try and stop it from moving around.

That being said, I'm trying to find a replacement column. From what I've learned today, the columns changed in 1970 to include the ignition. So I guess I'm looking for 1969 and older, but I'm wondering what other cars have columns that will fit.

There is a guy junking a 67 Newport and a 68 Fury about 4 hours away from me, but it's a long drive to be disappointed if those won't fit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

69 is 1 year only.
Good time to upgrade to a 69 tilt/tele column. Most of those colums came with cruise.
Btw the wiring for the cruise is separate from the main harness. Being an option it is eithet added down the factory line or dealer installed.
You may still have the wiring just need the stalk possibly.
Hope this helps.

Back