NOT MINE 1969 Chyrsler 300 Convertible - $17,500 - Dallas, Texas (Dealership)

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
1969 Chyrsler 300 Convertible - $17,500 - Dallas, Texas (Dealership)

Description

THIS 1969 CHRYSLER 300 CONVERTIBLE IS ONE OF 1933 PRODUCED. IT WAS IN THE PATE AUTO MUSEUM NEAR FT WORTH TEXAS UNTIL JAN 1995 WHEN IT WAS SOLD TO A COLLECTOR IN GONZALES TEXAS. THAT COLLECTOR DIED AND IT WAS SOLD TO ANOTHER COLLECTOR IN SHINER , TEXAS IN 2013. I PURCHASED IT THIS SUMMER, IT APPEARS ORIGINAL EXCEPT FOR AN OLD REPAINT SHOWING WEAR AND PAINT DEFECTS. IT HAS ITS ORIGINAL 440- 350 HP MOTOR . AUTO TRANSMISSION, POWER STEERING, BRAKES, WINDOWS, DRIVER SEAT, TOP, AM 8 TRACK, THE COLOR IS AVOCADO METALLIC WITH ORIGINAL GREEN VINYL. IT LOOKS LIKE A NEW TOP WAS INSTALLED WHICH WORKS. INTERIOR- ORIGINAL. DRIVER SEAT IS TORN AS SHOWN. THE REST OF THE INTERIOR IS GOOD. WINDOWS WORK, SEAT WORKS, RADIO WORKS. THE CAR HAS FACTORY A/C BUT ITS NOT WORKING. I JUST REPLACED THE POWER BRAKE BOOSTER, BUT THE CAR PULLS A LITTLE TO THE LEFT . .THE CAR HAS AN EXHAUST NOISE IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT , PROBABLY A BAD DONUT GASKET OR EXHAUST MANIFOLD GASKET THE COVERED HEADLIGHTS OPEN AND CLOSE. THE CAR ALSO HAS THE BUCKET SEAT /CONSOLE OPTION AND FENDER AND CORNERING LIGHTS. THE 440 MOTOR IS MATCHING NUMBERS AND THE FENDER TAG IS THERE THE MILEAGE WAS 81,300 IN 12/94 AND NOW SHOWS 91577. THE SPEEDO WORKS BUT THE MILEAGE DOESNT CHANGE. THE UNDERSIDE OF THE CAR HAS NO RUST HOLES OR PATCH PANELS INCLUDING THE TRUNK. IT HAS THE JACK, SPARE AND OWNERS MANUAL. THE BODY HAS SOME PAINT DEFECTS AND A FEW SMALL DINGS AS SHOWN . THE ONLY RUST/PATCH I SAW WAS THE PASSENGER REAR QUARTER JUST BEHIND THE REAR WHEEL. AS SHOWN IN THE PHOTO. THE CAR RUNS AND DRIVES BUT UPON STARTED UP, THERE IS A LITTLE BLUE SMOKE. THE POWER STEERING IS GROANING A LITTLE. THIS IS A SOLID SURVIVOR CAR WITH AN OLD REPAINT AND NEWER TOP.
2106-045.jpg
2106-054.jpg
2106-057.jpg
2106-048.jpg
2106-051.jpg
2106-118.jpg
2106-110.jpg
2106-111.jpg
2106-097.jpg
2106-119.jpg

First if all the strut rod is nit a hooking point for towing. Guaranteed it is now bent.
Car is overseas material but not at asking price.

To use dealership parlance, must deduct for reconditioning.

Saw this one on some dealer website a while back. They had more pictures, and you can clearly see the hole in the y-pipe in the picture above, the row of transmission pan bolts point to it). The huge hole in the driver's seat is one thing, but an exhaust leak like that, I will walk away and not even say goodbye.

First if all the strut rod is nit a hooking point for towing. Guaranteed it is now bent.
Car is overseas material but not at asking price.
Many years ago, I bought a '73 NYB that had been damaged there. I straightened it out enough to drive, but after a few months, it cracked and broke, with the strut hitting the road. I had a buddy weld it up and reinforce it, and the car was fine after. It was out in the middle of nowhere at night and a girl driving behind me stopped and gave me a ride... Ended up dating her for a couple years.

Back