For Sale 1969 Dodge Monaco Brougham 440 Magnum 10,000 Miles believed

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently he placed an online ad: 6918341-15

Feel free to give him a call but please say you found the car through the ad

I talked with the owner and said I saw his listing - he has had about 6 calls on the car already. He has done the typical maintenance on the car after sitting 44 years without being driven. Recored the radiator, replaced the water pump and flushed the cooling system - said it was actually pretty clean), replaced the fuel tank and pump and cleaned the lines (didn't rebuild the carb and said it might need that since it idles a little rough), verified it has power disc brakes, a/c not touched and did some other things to ensure it ran pretty well. He said he is pretty firm on price. Hope someone here can follow through. Sounds like a very nice car. He seemed like a very nice guy to work with too. Very straightforward and seemingly honest. He said he works mostly on maintenance of diesel trucks, so the work he did on the Monaco is probably good.

Its weird but it looks like the car has no b-piller. I know that's impossible but its cool how they make the illusion.

Its weird but it looks like the car has no b-piller. I know that's impossible but its cool how they make the illusion.

While you could get a sedan model with a B pillar in a Monaco in 1969, most were hardtops with no B pillar. This one is a 4 door hardtop - no B pillar and I wouldn't be interested in it if it was a sedan.

How can you make a 4-door without a b-piller?? That's impossible. At least I know of no cars produced like that. There would be no structural integrity!

How can you make a 4-door without a b-piller?? That's impossible. At least I know of no cars produced like that. There would be no structural integrity!
All of the big3 had 4dr hardtops, even hardtop wagons.

full?d=0.jpg

Last edited:
There's a 'stub' pillar below the beltline where the rear door hangs from, and the front door latches to. Strong enough to keep the doors and glass water and wind-tight, but I sure wouldn't want to be T-boned in a 4-door hardtop!

I remember about 10 years ago a story of a 16 yoa girl who died when the car rolled over with her inside. Her father wanted to give her a large heavy car. It was a 1976 Cadillac sedan de vile. The car survived but the weight crushed the roof flat as it ended on its roof. Unless the car has a roll cage that could happen to anyone.

Bummer....it's sold. That would have been in my shop by now.

I'd have flown out, and driven it back to Detroit.

I see a 6th switch on the left instr panel. No superlite or rag top so what is it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back