1969 Fury cop car - found

Moparbrad

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was recently offered a 69 Fury cop car less engine and transmission. It has some rust in the rear quarters but all else is solid. It's an Arizona car. It's been sitting for a long time without the engine/trans so the car is pretty baked like paint, interior and soft stuff. I really don't have the will to build the car so I was seeing if this car would be worth saving to someone else. Anyone have a basic idea of what it would be worth? I also have access to another rust free 69 Fury but it's probably just a parts car. Sorry for the crappy pic, I didn't take it. Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

Anyone have a basic idea of what it would be worth?...

1) Absolutely no way to know without more information and pictures
2) Really cool and interesting color combination for a PK car. Silver and blue? Sweet!

Hey everyone. I was recently offered a 69 Fury cop car less engine and transmission. It has some rust in the rear quarters but all else is solid. It's an Arizona car. It's been sitting for a long time without the engine/trans so the car is pretty baked like paint, interior and soft stuff. I really don't have the will to build the car so I was seeing if this car would be worth saving to someone else. Anyone have a basic idea of what it would be worth? I also have access to another rust free 69 Fury but it's probably just a parts car. Sorry for the crappy pic, I didn't take it. Thanks

Yes the car is worth restoring.

But you've got to give a buyer something to look at.

Some photos of the car would be a good place to start! :)

The only pics I have are what the owner sent me. They are not the best. The car is about 3 hours away so I can't just go get pictures. I also don't want to make the trip, buy the car and have everyone tell me it's only a $500 car.
the last 3 pics are the 2 parts cars.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

$500 for all three? It would be nice to see it saved.
No, I wish! I was saying I didn't want to buy the car for "$XX amount" only to hear its worth $500. Also, 2 different people own the cars.

No, I wish! I was saying I didn't want to buy the car for "$XX amount" only to hear its worth $500. Also, 2 different people own the cars.

Ahhhh. That would have been a deal! $500 for the one is not bad. I really like the old Mopar police cars. Still, it's a big project, similar to mine. I don't see you making money on it, if that's the plan. They do have a small rabid following, but even other diehard Mopar guys will look strangely at you when you tell them what you have.

I purchased my '70 Fury III "Pursuit" approx 15 years ago. The motor had approx. 1k miles on a complete rebuild. It ran and drove but had a RF fender accident but got parts with it. My car came from Washington state but still has charecteristic rust issues where the water runs down of the front and rear glass. Where the water sits will corrode. If rebuilding a motor and trans add 6k to your price. More if you have to pay for labor to install. It is not hard to spend money on the interior, so I did not see any reference to that issue. If you have to pay for body work add 3-6k to the price. And lastly add 10% for any surprises. This is realistic numbers to compare to book value. If money is no object and you always wanted this specific year, then go for it. But go into it with realistic expectations. Few want to buy a project car that never got done.

its worth what its worth to you... I might see it as a $500 car and someone else $5000 and someone somewhere maybe $50,000... I watch what people are asking to decide an entry point... unless you want to be a flipper, who cares?

that is a lower quarter and trunk extension repair.
For an experienced body man work for a day

Back