NOT MINE 1969 Fury iii convertible (white repaint, red interior, 318)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
PM27F9D176821 is for sale. From the ad:

"1969 (...) Plymouth Fury convertible. (...) wide bench seats (with) fold-down center armrest (...) AM/FM/CD stereo with aux input (...) Distinct red interior with plenty of room in this full-size drop-top (...) Provisions for air conditioning (...) 318 cubic-inch V8 (with) three-speed automatic transmission (...) Power brakes

The white top goes great with the white paint and whitewall tires, and when you take it down, the red ring of the wheels coordinates with the interior. (...) good V8 power and an easy-cruising three-speed auto transmission make it a nice driver from day one.
"

41454399-1969-plymouth-fury-thumb.jpg

41454414-1969-plymouth-fury-thumb.jpg

41454465-1969-plymouth-fury-std.jpg

41454411-1969-plymouth-fury-thumb.jpg

41454511-1969-plymouth-fury-thumb.jpg

41454459-1969-plymouth-fury-thumb.jpg

41454404-1969-plymouth-fury-thumb.jpg

41454505-1969-plymouth-fury-thumb.jpg

41454563-1969-plymouth-fury-thumb.jpg

VIN 41454540-1969-plymouth-fury-thumb.jpg

No 'effin talent in that shop...

1969-plymouth-fury-iii-convertible (1920×1280).cdn.dealeraccelerate.com.jpg

1969 MD2445 - 1966-78 Chrysler_Dodge_Plymouth Battery Holdown.www.classicindustries.com.jpg

I just had to go see this. lol

1969 Plymouth Fury Streetside Classics_.www.streetsideclassics.com.jpg

And what's up with the dash? (interior color doesn't match too).

1969 Plymouth Fury Dash.jpg

At least the tailpipes seem to be correct.

1969 Plymouth Fury Tailpipes.jpg

The factory cowl screen is missing, and has been replaced with expanded metal gutter guard held in place with lath screws (through the stainless windshield molding, too!).

(To add to the list)

Needs too much work for $20k....

I'll bet they pressure washed the engine compartment too, before carpet bombing it with tire foam....humph.

1703811365434.png

(

The factory cowl screen is missing, and has been replaced with expanded metal gutter guard held in place with lath screws (through the stainless windshield molding, too!).

(To add to the list)

Needs too much work for $20k....

I'll bet they pressure washed the engine compartment too, before carpet bombing it with tire foam....humph.

View attachment 635126
(
Believe it or not the metal screen is factory, the early 69s had it. Not sure when they went to the plastic but my 500 (a Dec build) had it as did the other Polara I had (not the CHP car).

It is stamped and formed to much the same shape as the plastic one.

Alan

Believe it or not the metal screen is factory, the early 69s had it. Not sure when they went to the plastic but my 500 (a Dec build) had it as did the other Polara I had (not the CHP car).

It is stamped and formed to much the same shape as the plastic one.

Alan

Dang, did not know that, thanks.....did the factory at least tuck it under the lower windshield molding?

Looking at this car, I can't help but think that it's got a lot going for it... But at $20K, it's way overpriced. Too many things wrong... and little telltales like the pentastar being painted over makes me wonder what's going on under the paint.

Still... Looks like a solid car. It would have been nice to find it before someone did the used car treatment to it.

As I own one very similar vehicle, I think it is over priced. My car’s bodywork and powertrain are great. I didn’t know about the air conditioning, nor the electrical issues, and paid nearly what this person is asking.

15 - 17k

Dang this is one that just keeps on giving, while I'll have to backpedal on the shop comment as in their 'About us/services offered/disclaimer they do state "We do not currently service or restore classic cars.".
But they seem to have:
"Although we do not provide official appraisals of classic cars, we do provide our experienced and professional opinion of the potential sales price for vehicles sold on consignment"

I'll bet'cha they really lowballed this one... or maybe they took it in on trade.
Anyways...

1969 Plymouth Fury Streetside Classics Y-Pipe2.www.streetsideclassics.com.jpg

WTF? Geeez... They cut the Y-pipe??? Heck when I had some slack time and the dim bulb in my head went off to dual exhaust my 1968 Plymouth Fury III 318 with the extra exhaust parts lying around the shop, I just torched a hole in the drivers side of the Y-pipe and grafted on the left side. Wooo Hey I even had the high pree'for'mance H-Pipe cross over built in (to compensate for the odd ball non matching mufflers).
:lol:

The missing transmission shield is par for the course so we won't go there other than if you ever bend one and it's going rat-A-tat as it's a very close fit to the flexplate bolts. Don't waste your time trying to straighten it out, I had to do one like four times R&R, just pitch the mud'rfucker and put in a straight one.
Not easy to do/find these days I'll bet. Maybe that's why it's missing? ha ha...

Yeah Stan, battery hold down purchase via the 'net these daze can be risky, I was going to go with a universal Pep Boys one but couldn't find a appropriate image as anything is better than a old used (?) shipping strap.
I don't even know if that one is correct for a 1969 but as Chrysler was pretty universal on parts cross models I'll bet it's the same. Heck I even had a 1968 Monaco LF fender on that '68 Fury after some stupid foolishness with a immovable object to hold some headlights, boy did I get some stupid comments 'bout that until I found a suitable replacement (cheep/free factor).
:lol::lol:

Dang this is one that just keeps on giving, while I'll have to backpedal on the shop comment as in their 'About us/services offered/disclaimer they do state "We do not currently service or restore classic cars.".
But they seem to have:
"Although we do not provide official appraisals of classic cars, we do provide our experienced and professional opinion of the potential sales price for vehicles sold on consignment"

I'll bet'cha they really lowballed this one... or maybe they took it in on trade.
They are a consignment shop. They don't own the car, all it does is take up space.

I've wondered sometimes if the cars that have crazy prices are just there for free storage.

But I digress... Rattle can touch up on the bottom with rust poking through.

1703943336170.png

They are a consignment shop. They don't own the car, all it does is take up space.
Yeah your right on that one, but they do take trades and do buy outright, I still had the webpage open and had a quick search'ee search'ee to find some TOS for the consignments but gave up after seeing that the wife is the president of the company.
So we'll put this one to rest as here in the Fine Felinous State Of Floriduh, seeing a wife as head of a company is rather suspicious, now I don't know 'bout the laws up dar in NC but down here where a convicted felon can not ever own a business license the easiest way to get around that is to put the business license in the wife's name.
Rather 'Sus' as the young people on the 'net say these days. Who knows... she could be the deeper money pocket of the million dollar biz...

Last edited:
But they seem to have:

Anyways...

View attachment 635305

WTF? Geeez... They cut the Y-pipe??? Heck when I had some slack time and the dim bulb in my head went off to dual exhaust my 1968 Plymouth Fury III 318 with the extra exhaust parts lying around the shop, I just torched a hole in the drivers side of the Y-pipe and grafted on the left side. Wooo Hey I even had the high pree'for'mance H-Pipe cross over built in (to compensate for the odd ball non matching mufflers).

The missing transmission shield is par for the course so we won't go there other than if you ever bend one and it's going rat-A-tat as it's a very close fit to the flexplate bolts. Don't waste your time trying to straighten it out, I had to do one like four times R&R, just pitch the mud'rfucker and put in a straight one.
Not easy to do/find these days I'll bet. Maybe that's why it's missing? ha ha...

Yeah Stan, battery hold down purchase via the 'net these daze can be risky, I was going to go with a universal Pep Boys one but couldn't find a appropriate image as anything is better than a old used (?) shipping strap.
I don't even know if that one is correct for a 1969 but as Chrysler was pretty universal on parts cross models I'll bet it's the same. Heck I even had a 1968 Monaco LF fender on that '68 Fury after some stupid foolishness with a immovable object to hold some headlights, boy did I get some stupid comments 'bout that until I found a suitable replacement (cheep/free factor).
:lol::lol:

That y-pipe is just like what I did in high school when I converted mine to dual exhaust using a donor car.

Yeah your right on that one, but they do take trades and do buy outright, I still had the webpage open and had a quick search'ee search'ee to find some TOS for the consignments but gave up after seeing that the wife is the president of the company.
So we'll put this one to rest as here in the Fine Felinous State Of Floriduh, seeing a wife as head of a company is rather suspicious, now I don't know 'bout the laws up dar in NC but down here where a convicted felon can not ever own a business license the easiest way to get around that is to put the business license in the wife's name.
Rather 'Sus' as the young people on the 'net say these days. Who knows... she could be the deeper money pocket of the million dollar biz...

When we started our business, it was recommended by our lawyers that we put our wives names on the business. The reason being that there are perks for women and minority owned businesses for loan guaranties and such. We didn't even consider it as I was in the process of kicking the first Mrs. Big John to the curb and one of my partners had a wife that we all just considered insane. My other partner's wife was nice and fairly sane, but it was obvious he didn't marry her for her brains.

Point being, lot's of businesses are in the wife's name. Some for good and some for bad reasons.

Nice colour combo for sure...I normally like wide whites, but it's too much on this car with all that white...should be the .75 inch versions in my opinion.

Dislike the stance. Before I saw the lowering blocks, I thought it looked like these cars did back in the day in the rust belt when the leafs became weak from all the rust from the salt (or from going through the trunk floor). This stance screams "rust bucket" to me.

Oh, another thing...those incorrect rear view mirrors gotta go.

Last edited:
PM27F9D176821 is for sale. From the ad:

"1969 (...) Plymouth Fury convertible. (...) wide bench seats (with) fold-down center armrest (...) AM/FM/CD stereo with aux input (...) Distinct red interior with plenty of room in this full-size drop-top (...) Provisions for air conditioning (...) 318 cubic-inch V8 (with) three-speed automatic transmission (...) Power brakes

The white top goes great with the white paint and whitewall tires, and when you take it down, the red ring of the wheels coordinates with the interior. (...) good V8 power and an easy-cruising three-speed auto transmission make it a nice driver from day one.
"

View attachment 635029

View attachment 635030

View attachment 635031

View attachment 635032

View attachment 635033

View attachment 635034

View attachment 635035

View attachment 635036

View attachment 635037

View attachment 635038

Vehicle Description​