For Sale 1969 Fury III Coupe - I Love You

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-1

Reaction score
Contact seller
IMG_8777.JPG
IMG_8778.JPG
What a beautiful automobile. I've emailed with the owner and apparently it was originally green. This shade of red is attractive though.. wonder if it's a Chrysler factory color??? And of course, I'd love to see it with a 440 & AFB carburetor.
1969 Plymouth Fury III for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-1075730
Vehicle Description

Two door coupe with immaculate original interior. Powered by a 318cid V-8 with dual exhaust and Flow Master stage two mufflers, power steering, power brakes, A/C with all original manuals, paperwork and build sheet. Award winning Plymouth for "Best Original Automobile" at several venues here in Colorado. Originally a California car it is rust free with a beautiful engine, engine compartment and all original trunk with original spare tire and tools. It has been barn stored since I bought it, never kept outside. There isn't a finer 1969 Fury III to be found for anywhere near this price.

Comes equipped with the "PowerLock" anti-theft system.

Buyer is responsible for pick-up and shipping. Car must be picked up 30 within 30 days from purchase or storage fee of $5.00/day will apply

Last edited:
IMG_8779.JPG
IMG_8780.JPG
IMG_8781.JPG
IMG_8782.JPG
IMG_8783.JPG
IMG_8784.JPG
IMG_8785.JPG
IMG_8786.JPG
When I inquired about the car with a series of questions, the owner replied with this info:

"Yes it is.(available)
It is not a base model but the Fury III which was near the top of the line in 1969. The paint is not original. It was originally green but when the car was repainted (by the previous owner) it was partially dismantled, painted and re-assembled so that even to a discerning eye there is no remnant of the original paint.
I have the clear title to the Fury
I do not believe that there has been any body work done as I have been in and out of the vehicle. When I replaced the original carpet with the new carpet I had the front and rear seats out of it. There is absolutely no rust nor evidence of body work that I could see. While it was apart inside I located the original factory build sheet and kept that on file. Not many of these old cars are found with the original broadcast sheet and that is a collector's dream.

The 318 cid motor is the original engine and has not been rebuilt. It has about 120,000 miles on it, is currently insured and registered in New Mexico but it was originally a California car bought new and owned by a married couple who were both teachers. It is driven now only to car shows and then several times throughout the year to keep the fluids and seals in good shape.
It runs quite nicely and still gets over 20 mpg. I would not be selling it except that I need the space in the barn for another vehicle that we have coming in. It has never been kept outside.

It has all of the original documents with it such as owners manual, sales brochure for 1969 and other paperwork.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Mike Sindelar"

Last edited:
Nice car, the red goes well with the black interior. Would be cheaper to purchase a green car than repainting this one.
Yes, I'm really loving this shade of red on it.. and seems like this would come off as a really gorgeous deep blood red at dusk or under overcast skies.

Last edited:
You can argue the price but you cant in my opinion argue the body style and overall look of this vehicle.

Love the bumper sticker. I'll be looking for period stuff to put on my vert. Nice car, but 15K is a bit steep. On the other hand, getting one for $2500 that needs everything, and then dying before it's ready to drive is not a very attractive alternative either.

Love the bumper sticker. I'll be looking for period stuff to put on my vert. Nice car, but 15K is a bit steep. On the other hand, getting one for $2500 that needs everything, and then dying before it's ready to drive is not a very attractive alternative either.
Well, all someone has to do is call the man and make an offer. This might end up being a 9-12k car.. Let's not let Lakeland Lash get it for the overseas flip at 22k.

I have been looking for an F8 green version of that car, and somebody paints it!
In 1970 The father of my girlfriend allowed me to drive to Lincoln, Nebraska to see the Association, and zeger and evans at a concert with his daughter. It was an F8 green Fury lll two door hardtop with the 318. 4,000 miles on it. That was a sweet ride. Nice girl too! if he comes down, maybe.........?

I have been looking for an F8 green version of that car, and somebody paints it!
In 1970 The father of my girlfriend allowed me to drive to Lincoln, Nebraska to see the Association, and zeger and evans at a concert with his daughter. It was an F8 green Fury lll two door hardtop with the 318. 4,000 miles on it. That was a sweet ride. Nice girl too! if he comes down, maybe.........?
Negotiate a deal and buy it. Will you repaint it the original green?

Hey Guys, Wouldn't the color for a 318 be red/orange in 1969?
Seller says it was not rebuilt... just removed to repaint it blue?

That first picture, except for the background, looks like it could be in the factory brochure. The pose, the angle, the perfect reflection on the hood.

Hey Guys, Wouldn't the color for a 318 be red/orange in 1969?
Seller says it was not rebuilt... just removed to repaint it blue?

Nope, that engine didn't come out, they only did a partial repaint on it. Look to the right of the dipstick, the old colors are there. The underhood is slightly sloppy vs the nice outer paintjob. (I don't know if the color is correct)

Well, I guess it could've come out, but my bet is it got new VC gaskets and was painted as-is.
And hte paint is either fresh, or the heat crossovers in the heads/intake is plugged - the choke area is still perfect, and that paint burns off pretty quickly.

It was originally green but when the car was repainted (by the previous owner) it was partially dismantled, painted and re-assembled so that even to a discerning eye there is no remnant of the original paint.

Couldn't help noticing the red on teh gastank. Then my discerning eye saw green on the framerail.
:lol:
upload_2018-4-14_0-4-14.png

some small spots,but overall,someone painted the heck out of that car.
very good job for a partial.
Love the color,and seeing as most survivors are green,i wouldnt go back to green.
bitd,it was kinda hard for awhile to get factory engine paints,
the light blue seemed to be the only stuff prevailing.
if it was mine,id deffo go to the red paint,it would set it off w the body paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back