For Sale 1969 Imperial 2-door Hardtop - $5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
And there fails another well known Project.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/4939846143.html

00l0l_lSG0yOXMSCo_600x450.jpg

Ok I am regrettingly putting my beloved project up for sale. This is the holy grail of Imperials. The first year of this body style. Its really Badass looking. There is no rust on this car. None. You can eat off the floors. I rescued this car from the desert of Oregon. It sat in a field for over 25 years. It was originally a California car. It still has its original California black plates on it. A car this clean in NY or even the east coast is unheard of. I bought this car missing the engine, trans and interior. Over the course of a year, I acquired all of the missing pieces. The interior I have is immaculate. Black. The engine and trans are from a 71 Imperial. 440/727 that run and drive excellent. I bought a new gas tank as well . It has 4 new tires on it. The car needs to be assembled. A few weekends and you're good to go. I'll sell it but I get first dibs if you want out of it. Great father and son project. Call Johnny @1-914-497-811zero. Mopar, Dodge, rat rod, survivor, barn find,.....

1969 chrysler imperial
odometer: 100000
VIN: 12345678910111213
paint color : blue
transmission : automatic
title status : clean
cylinders : 8 cylinders

condition: fair

00l0l_lSG0yOXMSCo_600x450.jpg

From the one pic,I don`t see the fill panel in the rear window. That just may be a Crown right there! 244 of those built,the tag would tell the tale.

The lower trim line is not factory correct.

And to assemble a basket case is definitely not a job for a couple weekends..!

I didn`t think that that trim on the lower body line was right,that rear insert may have been baked off it in the sun:sunny:

I likey very much, but unfortunately have no time for any more project cars :-(

I sincerely hope this ship finds a safe harbor.. Every time i see one of these sun baked babies, I can't help thinking back, to the day it rolled out of the assembly plant.. all proud and shiny, and this one must have been ESPECIALLY good looking!

I'd love to see more pictures. I doubt he's gonna sell it from the one pic alone.. and definitely not for 5000

The lower "trim" is simply stik-on body edge moulding which almost every dealer put on trying to squeeze another 25 bucks out of the buyer.

Thanks for not letting me have to post it up here for sale. I lost my storage for it. Property is getting foreclosed on. I rented a spot for her. It kills me to let it go. Seriously. This comes with every single part it needs to be back on the road. A perfect running low milage 440, 727 combo out of a 71 Imperial. Radiator, brand new quanta gas tank. 4 brand new tires. I purchased a complete, mint interior for it (black) from a derby guy, including the tilt tele column. Its perfect. A few good pics would do it justice, but I had this on stored on my laptop and just haven't had the time. I'd rather get someones interest with one pic then no pics. You can tell its clean as hell. That's all that matters. The 70 did sell for what I was asking. The guy was more then happy with it. You don't get clean cars like these on the east coast...you just don't. So would you rather pay for clean metal or a cheap car that needs a ton of metal replacement? The negativity on this site is unreal.

Hey John

May I ask.. What year and style of black interior is it you got from the derby guys ? (I HATE to think abt what happened to the donor)...

If you have more pic's.. please share! As you probably know, a picture say more than a thousand words.. (so if you have a 5 min video with 24 frames per second, that would amount to at LEAST 300300 words... !

I am (as you might remember from conversation on eBay when you listed the 70), on the lookout for a 1969-71 2-door Imp .. but due to serious lack of time to spend fixin, I really would prefer a car that won't need work on it..!

However, if your interior set up includes 1970 black buckets, I could be interested... I mean.. ~ 69 sun burned patina Imp coupé, w/shark gill side markers, combined with my all time favorite Mopar seats = Definitely interested!

What's the chance of you packing all parts in the car, so it could be shipped as a "roller"?

The interior came from another 69. Its nice! Yes, that car was in an Imperial only derby. I tried to talk the guy out of it. It was actually bought on ebay around 6 months ago. You may be able to hit completed listings and see it. It was a nice car too. Its gone now. This car needs work. No denying that. Honestly, I would rather it stay in the states man. I will try and buy it back eventually and if its over there......that will never happen. Thanks though.

Hey John, surely you can find a local storage facility to put it to bed for awhile? Save you having to sell it.

If I can condense all of my cars into one spot...that would be awesome. At this point, losing my shop is a terrible loss. So, this is the first....of maybe a few to go. I am looking to fix my situation before letting it go, of course. It costs a lot to store these cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back