For Sale 1969 Imperial 4 Door Hardtop For Sale - Original Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dak440

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm offering my father's 1969 Imperial for sale to see if there is any interest out there before I remove the drivetrain. This is an all original car (85,000 miles) that has been sitting for almost 30 years. My father gave it to me so my son could pull the engine for his project but I don't want to do that unless there is no interest by someone in need of a complete car. The drivetrain is a numbers matching 440 that I started this week by simply putting in a battery and pouring gas in it . It started literally within 20 seconds and the lifters clicked for about another 20 before it settled into a amazingly smooth idle. It will move under it's own power forward and backwards but has lost enough brake fluid that it doesn't have brakes ( no visible line or wheel cylinder leakage). The car could be restored, has trunk floor and cowl rust, but it would be a fairly ambitious project. The shark gilled body is very straight with most panels either very, very good or in need of odd patch panels. Hood, decklid, doors, trunk all very solid. Very straight bumpers, grill and virtually very piece of trim is straight. Headlight doors opened when I turned the lights on. Dash is perfect. This would be a great parts car if someone was restoring a rust free car. Even has the original radio/tape 8 track tape and and aftermarket Kraco cassette player/recorder with microphone under the dash.

This was a beautiful car but is more of a project than I can take on right now. It is all there with tons of great parts. I am not interested in stripping parts off of it for now and would prefer to sell it as a complete car. I will be putting it on ebay if I don't see any serious interest within this group, so please spread the word to your friends who might be in need. The car is located in Warren, Michigan and I can help load on a trailer if needed. Looking for offers above $1500 . IMG_2042.jpgIMG_2046.jpgIMG_2041.jpgIMG_2051.jpgIMG_2052.jpgIMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

First welcome and thanks for trying to save her. Just from a "Marketing 101" perspective a word of advice. Have no doubt we all on the board know the fate that awaits most C Bodies in this condition. However you do your sales effort a disservice suggesting pulling the heart out her. Don't be surprised if you get a negative reaction on this board.

Welcome to the site fellow Michigander! It sounds like he'd rather keep it whole and sell as a complete project. I see nothing wrong with the way he's offering it up and if I had the time and space I'd go get it as it's probably within 5 miles from my shop.

The rear tires look like they came off a truck!
:snow plow::snow plow::snow plow:

Old school snow tires.

Can you post a pic of the fender tag? Ya got me thinkin, can you deliver to Windsor or Sarnia? Oh and by the way welcome to the site!!

I can take a shot of the fender tag next week when I'm at my dad's. But, what do you want to know about the car or it's options? I'm pretty familiar with it and should be able to answer your questions. As for delivery to Windsor, that is possible, however border crossing with an antique car might be easier by the new Canadian owner, not the American seller. I'm sure we can work something out if we get that far.

If somebody else wants the rest of the car, I would be interested in the interior (seats and door panels). I'm also in the Detroit area. Have a good condition black interior that I could offer if someone wanted to keep the car together. Might also want the decklid. 586 Eight Zero One 47 Three Two

Have your son drive it a couple years. All his friends can join him. If he does get into a wreck. He's sure to walk away.

If the car does not sell on eBay (auction ends at 2:00 today), I will consider pulling it apart for specific needs like yours. It will be a while before I can get to it however. Anyone else have specific major component interest? As I said in the original post, I really hate to take this apart. I had really hoped someone could take advantage of the tremendous source of good parts to either help with their project or use their parts to fix the rust issues on this one.

Your Imperial

If the car does not sell on eBay (auction ends at 2:00 today), I will consider pulling it apart for specific needs like yours. It will be a while before I can get to it however. Anyone else have specific major component interest? As I said in the original post, I really hate to take this apart. I had really hoped someone could take advantage of the tremendous source of good parts to either help with their project or use their parts to fix the rust issues on this one.

Do you still have your car or have you sold it already?

If the buyer is a member of FCBO, reading this, and is parting out (which I do not hope), Pls. PM me.. I need a few parts for the blue wonder..

Shipping will be to Miami Beach, FL

Thnx !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back