For Sale 1969 Imperial Crown Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaFuse

Reaction score
Contact seller
Expensive stereo in it. No interior pics. Thankful old wheels retained.
1969 Chrysler Crown Imperial

image.jpeg

1969 Chrysler Crown Imperial

"I paid more for the stereo in this car than my current asking price!"

My brain reads this as:

1) Hey, look how stupid I am!

2) "Hi Bill, I'm calling about your car. Would you take $2k and I'll let you keep the stereo?"

It's a good thing that car is so far away! Imagine a turquoise or white interior... Me want!

So, how much for the car minus the mag wheels and stereo?

OUCH!!! I'd be a bit suspect that the doors even function properly after that hit. Not to mention the door panels and center post being damaged.
Btw how'd you get those pics?

It's a rerun. I remember those before pics from a previous ad.

Correct, it was already for sale before it was "repaired". And if I remember correctly, he mentioned back then that the "b-pillar" was bent. And that would be a big, difficult and expensive repair. Since the car is that cheap my guees would be it's not the most professional repair.

* The outside mirror seems to be missing now.

DING DING, round #2 for this former beauty.
Anyone going to look at it? Would like better detail on its general condition and repair quality if you care to share it.
Thanks

Last edited:
...And if I remember correctly, he mentioned back then that the "b-pillar" was bent. And that would be a big, difficult and expensive repair. Since the car is that cheap my guess would be it's not the most professional repair...

Not the most professional repair, it seems. The photos before and after show the car on the same spot. Did he repair it on the side of the road?
The tops of side windows don't fit very well. There are more issues than mere repositioning of the glass.

It would make a nice candidate for a proper repair and resto, though.

I don't think it is a proper candidate for a resto.
Too many doors.
Not all of them will be restored to like new condition
But it could still be returned into a driver just fixing what is needed IMHO

Carsten

I wonder if there is any frame damage? Does the car track straight?

I wonder if there is any frame damage? Does the car track straight?

The rockers appear undamaged and only a "change" in wheelbase on one side would affect it's ability to track straight.

I'd certainly want to investigate that B-post, but only for door fit issues. That car is worth saving. I even have the perfect parts car (on the opposite end of the country). I would also argue that Chry/Imp fusies are better proportioned as 4drhtps than coupes (although I like both).

My old man's '70 NY 4dHT got hit in the rear when it was new. The right side collapsed by 3/8", so that the rear door or trunk lid wouldn't open. They pulled it back into shape at the dealer's using hydraulics. No trace of collapse afterwards.

Last edited:
I'm no fan of bench seats, but I like the color combo of this one, and the clean no-vinyl-roof look appeals to me.

That car is about 15 minutes from me (an hour away with traffic ... seattle inside joke). I'll be in his neighborhood this weekend and may check out just for the fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back